Midihub updates

I own two midihubs, but after the initial love I’m more and more using them just as midi to usb interfaces because of the lack of needed improvements, expecially in midi mapping which is still extremely basic (no processing of incoming events). Has midihub development stopped? It’s been a very long time since the last “real” update, with new features apart from minor things and bug fixes. It still is a very promising and unique project, but needs some development effort and instead it feels abandoned, all the hinted updates just never happened… Is there a roadmap for the product, or it’s just considered “done”?

1 Like

It’s in progress :wink:

7 Likes

I was told sostenuto is in the works

Please! Amazing work has been already done to bring this wonderful device to the market. I appreciate it very much. This thing has a potential to compete with so many sequencing tools, even with maxsp in some areas. I am trying to process midi in Matlab in same fashion, and midihub simplifies a bit the workflow. But how amazing it would be, if midihub would have a richer pipe assortment/compatibility with programming languages. Blokas may shake the ground, especially on the edge of MIDI 2.0 era! It could be one box=all solutions tool for programming complex midi signals. Don’t stop improving and the community will grow, accelerating development and sales.

Bump - I need this as well. I want to somehow process the CC values that are mapped, before they get applied to the map parameter. It would be very useful to select the raw or post-processed CC values any time we assign a map.

For example, I have a CC from a midi fader, and I want to send a scaled value to a parameter so that the full sweep of the fader sends 0-10 to my map rather than 0-127

There should be some additional options under the map details to allow you to manually change the CC ID number and select pre/post processed.

Having to use one of your precious ports as a loopback isn’t a great solution

Thanks!

Hey, @dan
All this is now possible with Beta 1.14.4
Look back at the earlier links for all the major improvements.

AFAIK, 1.14.4 has just a minor unresolved issue when using 2+ Editors on Mac OS X so dive in now or wait for the official release which I assume will be out shortly.

Welcome to Midihub forums.

3 Likes

Will definitely try the beta momentarily. Thanks. Really liking this device so far. The timing is excellent.

2 Likes

This is what you’ve got to look forward to

As well as being able to set “Virtual” Mappings, the Add/Edit box means that you can set mappings when disconnected.
The box also remembers the last values, making it a breeze to set a whole bunch of mappings quickly.
New drag&drop capabilities also speed things up. Just about to edit my mini-tutorial on that.

If timing is your bag also check out the new Clock.

It’s a Bright New World, man!

2 Likes