I’ve finally received my Midihub in the mail and am so excited to start using it!
I’ll preface this post by saying– this may already be possible. I am only an hour into playing with the Midihub editor and haven’t yet fully dove into what this thing can do. However…
My strange feature request is this; I would like to have Midihub simulate a BAD MIDI clock, but of course in a way that might be interesting and useful if used sparingly.
Some of the variables I’d like to influence include, perhaps:
- randomized/humanized tempo variance (adding or subtracting a few BPM on each downbeat)
- clock drop outs (all channels mute for a variable length of time)
- clock/note delays (all channels delay for a second, the beat is played out of sync, then all channels return to tempo)
- per channel tempo/sync variance (all channels play in tempo, but out of sync)
- stuck notes (not sure why I’d want this, but nothing sounds more archaic than this!)
I can think of ways to accomplish a couple of these by switching rapidly between presets, however when it comes to clock changes, I’m lost.
Any help would be appreciated!