The Portable Audio&Midi Looper Case

I wonder if its possible to make a Loopstation with PiSound.
I just discovered PiSound today, after a long way (arduino, audiointerfaces, ableton on a laptop, Boss RC-202 and 505, android apps…) searching for the best portable loopstation option.

I have notions of arduino, some c#, node programing, blender, 3D,…an I can learn fast with the right guideance.

I have a Tascam Dr-05 recorder, which I could use as a microphone or as a recorder and buy a new microphone.

Also, I think I could buy a battery (dont know about specs for the PiSound) in order to make it portable.

And after all that…maybe would be possible load somekind of Loopstation script which reacts to my smartphone, or some buttons, to loop audio or midi when I decide it?

My search until now:

!!and almost no latency, please
https://in-thread.sonic-pi.net/t/latency-and-blokas-pisound-hat/192

Thanks in advance

Hello Javideas, I have used sooperlooper for this (only audio looping, not midi) with mixed results, initially I was having problems with the reliability of it on pisound but with the latest updates all seems to run fine.

Sooperlooper needs JACK to work. You can try it with a linux distro (better an audio oriented one, but a stock debian with rt kernel may do) to check if it fits your needs.

I find it a very nice looper, super configurable and fun to use here is an improvisation I did with it years ago (on a laptop).

You probably want a sort of midi controller to use it effectively, but maybe with some configuration you may be able to use touchOSC or something similar on a phone/tablet.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info! I made some research but still dont get exactly something, let me know if I am right…
-sooperlooper its the software.
-PiSound its the hardware.

But its a must to Connect PiSound to a Pc?
I watched your video (btw awesome tune!) and I see you are using a foot pedal (midi signals?) and a laptop with sooperlooper.

I would like a portable solution. Maybe that was your approach but I can make it portable, maybe importing sooperlooper to PiSound or to a Raspberry Pi connected to a PiSound with a USB 5v/9v battery.

As you may see, I just have a general idea but maybe I speaking nosense.

My first option its the boss RC 202, 200 euros second-hand. But I would like to learn something in the process, as If find with Arduino.

Thanks in advance

But its a must to Connect PiSound to a Pc?

No, I was suggesting the use of a pc with linux to try out sooperlooper without pisound. The raspberry + pisound is a completely standalone solution.

I watched your video (btw awesome tune!) and I see you are using a foot pedal (midi signals?) and a laptop with sooperlooper.

Yes it’s a midi pedal board that sends messages to trigger various sooperlooper functions.

I would like a portable solution. Maybe that was your approach but I can make it portable, maybe importing sooperlooper to PiSound or to a Raspberry Pi connected to a PiSound with a USB 5v/9v battery.

Yes raspi with pisound does work with a usb power bank, but I usually run it with the power adapter.

Yes… I have the same idea. I am going to install a sooperlooper in the pisound.

But… I havent yet the foot controller . A midi foot controller would be nice, but there are expensive. I’m try to made some DIY solution.