Can I use this as a MIDI synced looper?

Hi!
I don’t own a Pisound yet, so I’d like to ask: Can I use the Pisound with MODEP as a guitar looper that works in sync with my Akai Force (or other MIDI clock sources)?

Also would it be possible to trigger this looper with a USB MIDI foot switch (Icon G-Board in my case)?

Thanks!

Hey @gnorf, welcome to the forums!
This is not my area of expertise but these downloads would all be available in MODEP.
The last three might be what you’re after.
FYI, @jtemple967 uploaded two of them, has done a lot of work on MODEP and is a regular here, so he may be able to answer your specific Switch & Clock questions (pretty sure the answer is Yes!)

Extra reading search: ‘looper’ in MODEP forum

1 Like

@gnorf resonotter is right on track with the plugins that he mentioned. Just to clarify:

• The carla audio file player can play audio files and loops and there is a host sync option. I’ve used this plugin to play audio files but never tried the Loops function nor the host sync.
  • The SooperLooper is your basic recorder/player plugin.
  • I’ve never tried the GxLiveLooper but I suspect it’s similar to the SooperLooper
  • The ALO Plugin might be close to what you’re looking for because it does have the option to be controlled via MIDI note on/off but I’ve never really used this plugin myself.

Note that all of the above plugins (and any plugin in Modep for that matter) can have their parameters controlled by MIDI CC messages.

That being said, I guess what you choose to use depends on what you’re trying to achieve. If you just want to record/start/stop a loop then the SooperLooper is probably your best option. It’s a solid plugin that works well. IMHO the ALO Plugin is a bit confusing to understand/use.

If you want to have a looper where the notes on/off are synced to an external midi clock then you may have to work through the particulars of the Carla or ALO Plugin. Of course there are many other MIDI aware plugins in patchstorage that might work for you, from Clock Generators, Time Code Generators, Sequencers and Arpegiators. Might want to see what is available here: LV2 Plugins | Patchstorage

My primary instrument is bass so I don’t really use much of the MIDI/looping plugins but I’m happy to help as much as I can.

1 Like

Hi, the sync could be an issue, i tried some workaround with sooper looper this way :

First loop is triggered by midi CC séquenced by m’y external sequencer. To made this i used a midi note to cc plugin in modep to convert note midi message Into cc midi message i can affect to buttons of sooper looper.

Then i have this loop perfectly the Time i want. And i overdub on it.
But sometimes i had issues that i don’t understand yes.
Maybe the looper need signals to record.
And can’t change tempo size or anything.

You Can control the looper by anything midi gear you want.

Envoyé à partir de Outlook pour Android

Thank you guys for answering! After some research I realized that I probably will go for a Mod Dwarf pedal (as I need footswitches and the hardware access to parameters is nice) and use the LP3 plugin by looperlatives which is specifically designed for MIDI sync.

@gnorf You can’t go wrong with getting a MOD Dwarf. It’s a great product and the team at MOD Audio are passionate and dedicated to the product.

I would concur with your need for switches, that’s why I built my own MIDI controller for my setup.

Interestingly enough, I did notice the new looperlatives plugins yesterday, I’m going to see if they are open source and if they can be ported to MODEP.

1 Like