Multiple midi input / Single output Connfiguration, monitoring and so on

Hi.

I just purchased a MidiHub that I really want to be happy about…
Unfortunatly for the moment I can’t figure out how to make it work properly.

I want to use it mainly as a midi merger and maybe after try to be more crazy !

I have 3 midi input that I wanna use :

• A is my computer via it’s soundcard and mixer (studiolive 16.0.2) (mostly ableton) for all kind of messages (Clock / Transport / note ON/OFF, etc…)
  • B is my Moog Matriarch for note ON/OFF + Pitch bend + Mod wheel (keyboard stuff to say it short) + why note Arp clock when computer is off
  • C is Analog Rytm for clock / start / stop / continue most of the time (when computer is off)

I have 1 midi output :

• A which goes to a splitter which distribute everything to everything according to the situation >> Analog Rytm receive clock / Zen delay receive clock / Matriarch (which midi goes through Vermona Performer MK2 first) receive clock and notes ON/OFF etc…/ DFAM through MAFD Clock + Notes / AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST Ableton receive notes informations from Matriarch and Clock from sometimes Matriarch ARP or Analog Rytm

For the moment I just manage to monitor the A input (ableton) and the C input (Analog Rytm) but nothing goes out (nobody is receiving anything anywhere) leds are on just on the inputs…

Here’s my simple configuration in the editor :

Capture d’écran 2024-02-17 à 12.57.44

(Sorry as a new user I can only put one image inside my post…)

Thank you very much for taking your time and eventually for the help !

Cheers.

Did you consider to connect the Midihub to your computer via USB? So the computer with Ableton as the master sequencer sends clock and transport to the Midihub.

There are several ways, but this is how I would set this up:

In the MH create a pipe receiving from one of the four MIDI USB ports (you choose that on the PC side). Send it to one of the four MIDI DIN ports, to which you connect your hardware. Every connected device should get the clock, transport and other data, so you could duplicate the first Pipe and change the MIDI DIN port for each output.

On the input side of things I would connect the Matriarch to a MIDI DIN input on the Midihub and route it to the DAW / PC. That way you have it coming in as a master keyboard / controller for your sequencer and connected devices.

Does this help?

1 Like

Looks like you’re using the Filters to drop pretty the most useful messages. :slight_smile: The ticks indicate which kinds of messages to drop. There’s a convenient “Invert” button above to reverse the configuration.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply… but the thing is that I don’t have any free usb port to work with when everything is set up. That’s why I’m passing through midi via my soundcard TO MIDI A…

For the Matriarch, that’s the case, it is connected on input B…

To Giedrius : “Looks like you’re using the Filters to drop pretty the most useful messages. :slight_smile: The ticks indicate which kinds of messages to drop. There’s a convenient “Invert” button above to reverse the configuration.”

That was the problem, I was using the filters the opposite way !! :slight_smile:
But this makes sense >> tick all boxes that you WANT TO filter (means stop from being sent…)

Thank you !

1 Like