Midi clock smal drop out when i send several CC via a controller

Hello hello.

I’ve had this problem of the clock dropping out for a moment, and this with different patches.

Now a simple patch, Faderfox that sends CC to the Midihub in A
A Digitone, which sends midi sequences, and the midi clock in B.

Then, on output A, I retrieve all these sequences and send them to the blackbox.

Before Everything is merged into the virtual A channel, I have 3 pipe with exclusion filters, to apply effects only to certain midi elements, like delay or pitch.

I send a lot of midi notes, for rythmic but only from the 4 tracks sequencer of the digitone, so it is 4 different midi channels, in my set up.

My problem is when I use the faderfox to send more than 3 CCs simultaneously. (which are assigned to my blackbox volume tracks.

I get a drop in the midi clock and the rhythms go haywire for a while.
I had the same problem when the clock was managed internally in the midi hub in another blackbock patch.

If I send volume cc’s, one by one. I have no problem. And when I use other cc’s, via the fader fox on the pitch or drywet delay, I also have no problem. Normally, all CCs are on a different midi channel than sequences.
Have you ever had this problem?

I’m running on the latest update.

Hey @nuancesdengrais, this sounds like one for @Giedrius to pick up during the week.

To get ahead to game, it might be a good idea to upload some useful data like

• the patch you’re using
  • a MIDI Monitor csv file† from the output pipe where the Clock dropping seems to occur
  • a sketch diagram of what’s connected to what
  • details of whether you’re tested with other cables, etc

Having used Midihub to throw a lot of data bytes around, I’ve never had an issue with MH itself, but I have had issues with a receiving device getting confused
(Now I think back, it was while using a Faderfox LV2 which I considered an innocent party at the time. Probably just a coincidence but I shall have to re-investigate!)

† it might be the case that you get Overload, in which case (if poss) it might be useful to record the out put (would be an interesting test then to play the output back at half BPM to see whether the problem persists)

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply!

It gave me the opportunity to recheck my patch…

And, in fact, I was sending the same chanel twice in my virtual channel. And it was the cc channel of my faderfox.

Sorry, i should have double check before asking.

I had incorrectly set my midi channel exclusion filters…

It is stable for now,

1 Like