setBfreak, a tweakable, midi assignable fork of the great sounding setBfree organ

I like Hammond organs, but I didn’t like the fact that the setBfree organ didn’t allow any parameter tweaking from within MODEP. Luckily, there is a fork of setBfree organ titled setBfreak, on Github. This was originally meant for Zynthian OS, which also provides an emulator for the MOD UI. However you can use this in MODEP as well.

1. Navigate to a folder and do the command git clone https://github.com/dcoredump/setBfreak
  2. Enter the setBfreak_synth folder with cd setBfreak/setBfreak_synth
  3. Compile and install the plugin with sudo make and sudo make install (sudo is required because it is installed to the root folder by default)
  4. If all went well, the make install command mentioned it was installed to a Zynthian folder on the root folder. Run the following command: sudo cp -r /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2/setBfreak_synth /usr/modep/lv2
  5. Reboot

You know have a copy of the setBfreak organ in MODEP, titled setBfreak, with parameters like drawbars etc. editable and assignable to midi cc’s.

Edit: uploaded a picture

3 Likes

Hi @deenigewouter

I had done the fork of setbfree back then to achieve exactly what you have done now. But Zynthian and the MOD-Duo got the ability to map MIDI controllers directly, so the fork was (almost) superfluous.

But what makes the fork IMHO better is the speed setting for Leslie. In this respect I am glad that it is still in use.

Regards, Holger

1 Like

Awesome man, I can’t thank you enough for the work you did. I was manually editing cfg’s (unsuccesfully) before I found your fork.