[Plugins] Mod Devices Plugins - Try Out Plugin

I would like to try out a few of the plugins in the Mod plugins list that are not in MODEP. Is it just a matter of downloading/compiling the plugin on my Pi? I’ve done this with a SVT type bass amp emulation and it was pretty straightforward.

@jtemple967 you can find plugin build instructions here - Platform: LV2 Plugins · patchstorage/patchstorage-docs Wiki · GitHub

You need to use raspberrypi3_armv8 as a build platform for MODEP. You can check the list of available plugins here - patchstorage-lv2-builder/plugins/package at master · patchstorage/patchstorage-lv2-builder · GitHub

Once a plugin is built, you need to transfer it to the /var/modep/lv2 directory on your Raspberry Pi.

To note, we are in talks with plugin developers and will have more plugins uploaded to Patchstorage sooner than later.

Cheers!

1 Like

@Pranciskus okay, I’m going to give this a try. One thing I’m trying to figure out is where would I find the source for this plugin:

and this one:

After a quick search, it seems that these plugins aren’t open-source. They were announced/created? by Jan from the MOD team. Janjhl (Jan) · GitHub. His latest commits on GitHub are in private repositories. You can try contacting him. :wink:

1 Like

@Pranciskus so I’ve got my docker environment set up and I’m ready to compile and upload my first plugin. I’d like to upload the GxSVT one that I compiled on my Pi. The documentation doesn’t mention anything about where to put the source for the plugin. Does that go in the same directory that we have to create in plugin/packages?

The source code should be located somewhere online, like on GitHub or your fork of the repository, especially if you had to make some changes to it. Then in patchstorage-lv2-builder, set the …_SITE variable appropriately, take a look at some .mk files that are already there, for example:

During building, the linked source will get downloaded / cloned and will get built.

1 Like

I’ve reached out to Jan. It’ll be interesting to see what he says, if anything.

1 Like

Heard from Jan. He would be willing to upload compiled versions of his plugins for use in MODEP. I pointed him to the instructions on uploading to patch storage.

1 Like

Amazing news! Let us know if you need any help with the builder and uploader scripts.

Check it out! My first patch upload! I just had to figure a couple of things out from the instructions. Would be curious for others to try the plugin to see if it works, can’t try at the moment.

1 Like

I’ll try later, thanks! Are you able to build those here too? Brummer - ModularAmpToolKit - Plugins - BETA - MOD Audio Forum

That’s great! Do you have any suggestions on how we could improve the instructions? What parts were unclear for you?

To add, the rpi-aarch64 (raspberrypi4_aarch64) target will be used by the pi-stomp users once they (@drandaji) finish the mod-ui integration. So it would be amazing if both builds were uploaded.

Extremely minor. I have very little experience with Docker. I installed Docker Desktop a couple of days ago. Last night when I started to build this plugin I got messages from the build process related to docker to I guess that I had to have Docker Desktop running (which I didn’t) so I started it and that resolved the build issue. The only other thing I had to do was to create a “dist” folder in the patchstorage-lv2-uploader folder manually. The Python scripts failed because that directory was not present.

@Pranciskus wait…what is this pi-stomp thing you mentioned?

Edit: I searched for pi-stomp and I remember seeing that device once. I have some friends that are interested in MODEP and I might recommend the pi-stomp. I can push the plugin for that target later tonight or tomorrow.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Patchstorage] Plugin Updates & Testing