Program Change dispatcher?

Hi,

Had the idea to try a Program Change dispatcher pipeline as my first Midihub experiment. What I’m after is similar to the round robin note dispatcher but with added program changes. Ideally I want to

1 feed a sequence of notes into midihub on a single channel from a sequencer or live input

2 each note gets distpatched to a new midi channel (as per normal dispatch behaviour)

3 but additionally each note (with it’s new channel destination) gets a random program change on the same channel

As a complete midihub novice, what would be the best way to approach this?

I was thinking that (in parallel to the normal note dispatch) you could randomise the note and then transform it to the prog change message? Maybe a micro delay to the note message to make sure the prog change happens first?

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, @Sanjuro77 and welcome to Midihub forums!

Your ideas are all good:

in your parallel Program Change line, you might want to Transform-Replace the Note On with a Note On with fixed Note# so a following Random pipe (Parameter = Pitch (semitones)) gives the same range of PC outcomes with a later Note On → PC Transform.

If you decide to Delay the Notes remember that Delay has fixed Length.
The work around for that is here.

for this I’ve found 2ms works on my gear; yours may vary.

Sounds like a good PatchStorage edition :+1:

Thanks for the help and the encouragment, think I have it working now, just need to work out the best way to map stuff to my midi controller. I will add to patchstorage when I’ve fully tested and tweaked it, :+1: