Looper drops notes and has gaps +

Hello all;

The basics are I am using the Embodme Erea as a midi controller for my synth (Outer Space Sounds - Mostro) drum machine (MFB - Tanzmaus) and sampler (1010 - BlackBox).

The midihub path is as attached. I am using buttons on the Erea to bypass delay and chance on the synth and delay on the drum.

1.) Is there a guide as to what settings will achieve what number of notes in a loop?
2.) sometimes my loops just seem to stop is there a way around this?
3.) there are often huge gaps in the loops, so the drum and synth are not always playing, but will come back at some point… is this a known issue?

Thank you for any help
Jim

Hey, please attach the preset you’re using here.

Also, it would be very helpful if you could provide some ‘original raw input data’ that you use and with which the issue occured for you, so we can give it a try ourselves and see what’s going on exactly.

Please record all the input provided to Midihub as MIDI clips, you can do so by forwarding DIN-5 input ports to USB outputs, and recording the streams on your PC (at least FROM MIDI A → TO USB A, but if your params are mapped to something connected to port B or others, then place matching parts as well). If you’re using multiple channels, you have to be aware that some DAWs record only a single channel, or merge multiple channels into single one, losing info, so I’d recommend using some simple but powerful software like http://www.midieditor.org/. One more thing to be aware of on Windows - access to MIDI ports is exclusive - only one program may have a MIDI port open at a time, so if you have multiple programs running, you have to make sure the desired port is not opened by some other program. (this can even include the internet browser, if you’ve used some MIDI config page for example)

So in a nutshell, add this to your preset (you may omit unused letters in your setup):

FROM MIDI A → TO USB A
FROM MIDI B → TO USB B
FROM MIDI C → TO USB C
FROM MIDI D → TO USB D

Start recording the 4 Midihub’s ports on your PC. In case of Midi Editor, it works with a single input at a time, so just run 4 instances of it, select a different Midihub input port on each, and start recording.

After reproducing the issue, save the clips from each software instance to .mid files, post them here, as well as the preset you’ve used on Midihub.

1 Like

will do this later on this month. work is killing me :slight_smile: and pedal demos are starting to come in.