Transform Pressure to CC - does not work

I’ll try to transform channel pressure to CC#1.

I setup like this:
What: Channel Pressure
Into: Control Change
Argument: 1
Pass-through (on or off)

I can not control CC#1 via channel pressure.
Other ‘What’ will work.
When I use my mod wheel it works too.
When I set my mod wheel to any value - activating channel pressure sets mod wheel value to 0 allways.

Hey, you may be producing ‘Poly Aftertouch’ messages rather than ‘Channel Pressure’ messages. However, the Transform pipe currently does not have ‘Poly Aftertouch’ option for What argument, I don’t recall the reason it wasn’t included, may have been just an oversight, we’ll see about adding it in the next update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its normal channel Aftertouch from a KeyStepPro.

It works fine for all other receivers but midihub refused to transform it correctly - did you try this yourself?

Yes, I’ve tried it. Could you please post an example preset here, so I can try exactly the same thing. :slight_smile:

Midi in - transform - midi out

Parameters for transform are in my first post.

I am currently not at home

There is something strange, I always get 0 value.
Attached preset and on the screen shot you can see both messages (using Pass-through

) Transform Channel Pressure to CC1.mhp (65 Bytes)

1 Like

Transform Channel Pressure > Program Change also only gets 0 value

1 Like

Yes, the same here - the resulting cc is always 0

Its only with channel pressure - orher inputs are working

2 Likes

Ok, thank you guys, got it reproduced, we’ll get it fixed in the next update. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Poly aftertouch would be great to be supported in transform, novation launchpad pro controllers produce those messages and transformation to a cc or whatever would be fun.

2 Likes

Update:
It’s working fine when I e.g. just control the level of a VCO.
In my case I wanted to control the VCF cutoff and then these steps are very annoying.
As mentioned in the post - It looks as if the 7 bit channel pressure is just transfered to the higher resolution CC#1 - and that is not working for this use case.

It’s now working - but not useable.
I transformed channel pressure into Midi CC#1 (Mod wheel).

When I use the mod wheel all is smooth and without steps - with the transformation it’s very coarse and I hear each step when using after touch.

Some interpolation seams to be missing - or I am missing some hidden features.

Preset6-AT2CC1.mhp (549 Bytes)

The Transform pipe simply transforms between message types and is performing as expected, without doing any smoothing. As aftertouch and channel pressure are both 7 bit values, they get transformed into 7 bit values. Mod wheel is 14 bits, spread across CC #1 (MSB) and #33 (LSB).

This gives an idea though for some ‘Smoother’ pipe which would interpolate through both MSB and LSB CC values to avoid steps being heard, but as the original input would still be 7 bit granularity, the adjustable value range would still feel ‘quantized’, at least the 14 bit values would change more smoothly.

1 Like

yes, I know.
A smother block would be perfect.

To control modulation via pressure is the current version (7bit resolution) fine - and I am sure smoothing would help a lot for a lot of other use cases.