Pisound connect to puredata

Patchbox modules are meant to be run in ‘headless’ mode, usable without keyboard, mouse or display, so by default they just start as early as possible, without waiting for the graphical environment to come on.

I’ve done the .desktop and it works perfectly! Thank you for your helps.
Which sample rate works best on Pisound for the lowest latency? I use rightnow 4800 128 2

1 Like

These settings are fine. Technically you could get even lower latency by going to 96000 or 192000, as a single sample is for a shorter duration of audio and pushed through quicker, as long as the system can keep up with producing the samples. :slight_smile:

Could you please share the desktop file and any scripts you used, so it can help anyone else looking to achieve the same thing? :slight_smile:

I use these:

1. patchbox os
  2. moon_loopstation.pd
  3. arduino to receieve and send messages
    Thats all
    these are all files I will use. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CSpuR7y1F10naIZWwM_ukBqYayZ_pSO2?usp=sharing
    I am still tweaking to pd and add some features but I won’t use any others software to run this loop machine
1 Like

I meant things like the contents of .desktop you used, and the script to start PD patch. :innocent: Of course the entire project is interesting too. :slight_smile:

Ah, looks like you’re building this project:

I don’t think I’ve noticed the project before, looks great. :slight_smile: Let us know how your build goes!

Aha :slight_smile: on the youtube is not me but I use his project to build my own with some tweaks :slight_smile:
This is the content of .desktop

#!/bin/bash
sleep 2.5
echo " start lucibox"
/usr/bin/pd /home/patch/lucibox/machines/1/moon_loopstation.pd

and yes I will share it to the community once the project is done :slight_smile:

1 Like

out of topic;
do you know how to use usb-midi arduino?

1. On windows I use LoopMidi to create virtual loopback MIDI-ports. On mac use IAC bus
  2. And I use hairless as serial bridge to connect serial devices (like Arduinos) to send and receive MIDI signals

Use aconnect or aconnectgui to connect hardware MIDI ports / devices between each other or software. Our amidiauto could be helpful too, search for it here in the forums. :slight_smile:

Thanks I will look around at the forum about the amidiauto