Midihub w/8 Ports

I love my Midihub, but would love it even more with 8 ins and outs. If there isn’t a super/uber midihub in the works then maybe a way to chain them using the software? Oooh, maybe both so we could chain four uberhubs into a 64-port monster? (ok, I would probably only need 20 ports max so 64 is a bit of overkill)

I have used Midi-Ox and Studio One to route things around the virtual midi ports and understand that I can open two instances of the software and chain them using a midi port, but a larger unit would be a lot cleaner.

I found this very interesting DIY kit recently: https://www.tindie.com/products/deftaudio/teensy-41-midi-breakout-board-8in-8out-usb-host/

The breakout board has nice capabilities: 8in/8out DINs and 2x USB*. Combine this with the Teensy’s 8MB of flash, 1MB of RAM, 100Mbps ethernet headers, RTC, and a dedicated pixel processing pipeline - it could make for a very cool Midihub 2.0…

* AFAICT the Teensy uses its main USB port for power and communication with a USB host; it can also itself support hosting up to 10 (!) USB devices via the Teensy’s secondary USB port.