"Merged" multiple Midihubs as if they were one?

Hi All, the Midihub is just an amazing tool. I own 2 plus one is being ordered, to manage different sets of devices in different physical places in my music studio.

It would be amazing if I could manage the three Midihubs as if they were one virtual one with 12 inputs and 12 outputs, and then the Midihub Editor could do things like sending MIDI from port B (the second input on the first Midihub) to port K (the third output of the third Midihub).

Perhaps a little piece of software - if not the Midihub Editor itself - could play the role of enabling them to communicate together and “present” themselves as one.

I understand it is an extreme case, and I guess that most people on this forum don’t own more than one device. The idea is nonetheless great :slight_smile:

G.

and presumably Virtual port sets A-H, I-P, Q-X?
Given that each Midihub would have to present itself to the host computer as a list of USB ports, wouldn’t this mean that each MH has to present 12 ports to the PC. Or are only allowing USB E-H to communicate with Virtual I-P etc?

And would there still be 3 patches?

I understand what you mean @resonotter. USB-wise, it would perhaps be messy if each Midihub “pretended” having the same 12 input and 12 output DIN ports, though that would be convenient, too. I have a feeling this would not be technically possible.

In my original idea, I was thinking to MIDI DIN only, probably because of the setup I am working with.

An alternative would be not merging the Midihubs, but rather - in Midihub Editor - some magic that makes a port on another Midihub available as either source or destination. I’ve made a mock-up:

1 Like

You could use software like MIDI Patchbay to make them send MIDI messages between each other via USB MIDI.

Of course you’d still have to build presets individually on each of them, but still, this way, you could make them cooperate according to your needs.