[Download] Midihub Firmware 1.11.7

Hey guys, here’s another small firmware update to version 1.11.7, fixing some issues reported recently. Changes:

Download

1.11.7 Firmware Download

Upgrade Guide

Note: We are aware of firmware flashing occasionally failing on Windows 10, in case it happens, please retry manually, until it succeeds. The issue is being worked on to be fixed in the next Editor update. But do let us know, in case the flashing fails using 1.11.4 (or newer) Editor on macOS or Linux.

During firmware upgrade, all memory contents are erased. You may want to optionally back it up to your computer:

1. Connect to Midihub with the Editor
  2. Go to Device -> Export Everything…
  3. Save to a file on your computer.
  4. After firmware is updated using steps below, do Device->Import Everything… to get it back into memory.

To upgrade Midihub’s firmware:

1. (don’t forget to back up the memory contents using steps above)
  2. Switch the power off.
  3. Press and hold the button, switch the power on while the button is still held.
  4. All of the LEDs should be lit now, release the button. If they’re not, go back to step 2.
  5. Connect to Midihub with the Editor.
  6. Go to Device->Flash Firmware
  7. Pick the new .bfw file
  8. Wait for the process to finish.
  9. Now the device will reboot into the new firmware.
  10. Connect with the Editor and use it as usual.You may now import the memory dump created earlier.

We’ll streamline the memory contents migration to the new firmware version in the next bigger editor update. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, I’ve just updated the firmware with 1.11.4 Editor successfully on Windows10.
Also, I never had issues with previous updates. :+1:

2 Likes

All good over here ;-)!! macosx Mojave.

3 Likes

Tried to backup my files from the device…no chance: Every time I started the editor (WIN10) the update window popped up, no chance to connect even with “check for updates” shut of.
Now I am starting with my new firmware at point zero :frowning: :frowning:
It all worked fine and it will take me very long to get back there…so angry about that, I can´t tell you…

1 Like

Hi guys, I tried to update and I’m getting an error, I am using windows 10 64 bit, I tried to restart the pc and also tried to download the file again but it’s all the same, now when I turn on the Midihub all the LEDs stay turned on, not sure what to do here, can you help please?

Also when I try to connect it now it doesn’t seem to work anymore so I cannot load any pipes or saved files so I am not able to use it at all

Sorry about that, you should have let us know you’re having difficulties, we would have helped you find a solution. As mentioned before, we plan to improve the firmware flashing process as soon as we resolve all the firmware flashing corner cases.

This seems to be an error we’re already aware of, we’d like to ask you to try out a custom build which contains a potential fix for the issue, I’ll send you the download link via PM.

Hi, Im having the code 1 stage 6 error too. Now I cant use it, help!

PM’ed. We’ll aim to finalize and release the fix for Win10 early next week. :slight_smile:

I also got the message “Unexpected error occured while flashing the firmware, code -1, stage 6!” with Ubuntu 18.04 when flashing firmware 1.11.7. The second attempt was successful :slight_smile:

What was the editor version you used? We just released 1.11.5 which should improve the flashing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used 1.11.4. Thank for the hint and your fast support! :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to let you know the latest editor and firmware update all okay, this time with no errors on Windows 10 desk-top. Had the previous errors a couple of times, that I eventually sorted out, on the prior update.

I was thinking it may be useful to have a section that could be used for midihub users could ask other members advice how they would connect up there hardware if they had the same set up. As they saying go’s, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. I have seven pieces of hardware with various 5 pin midi in and outs. I think with a total of thirteen 5 pin midi sockets between them. My midihub has all eight in use at the moment and I have hardly touched the surfaced of the midihub’s potential.

Thanks for the prompt replies on the member community web-site.
I’ve learnt a lot just reading all the posts.
Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I’m running into an issue where I have installed editor 1.11.5 (also tried it with 1.11.6) and I am trying to update the firmware to 1.11.7 but the Editor can’t seem to find the Midihub when it’s in “update” mode.

Screenshot_2 .

It does find the device when I press Connect in normal mode. I get notified that there’s a newer firmware available:

Screenshot_3

I can also find (two) Midihubs under the following section in Devices on Windows (10).

Screenshot_1

That applies to both modes.
Not sure what to do right now other than try and try again but I can’t seem to make it work. I am essentially unable to do step 5 in the process.

Hey, you have to use the Midihub Flasher tool with beta Midihub unit for upgrading the firmware. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:scream: I am so stupid!

I changed computers (went back to my old laptop, long story) and I didn’t have the Flasher installed there for some reason so I completely forgot about it.

Updated firmware to 1.11.7 with Editor 1.11.6 and connection is established.
Working on Windows 10 (not latest unfortunately, can’t update this old thing) just fine!

:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I think we should create a dedicated thread for the tool and the beta testers to refer to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks much! I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Windows 10 Pro x64, Editor 1.11.6 - Upgrade to 1.11.7 worked perfectly.
Thanks for the fixes!

2 Likes