CC Controlled Midi Channel Patch Pipeline (for Sound Layers)

I’m trying to find out how to setup a kind of midi patch pipeline controlled by CC for creating layered sounds. I would like to be able to enable and disable (toggle) midi communication for specific given channels using CC.

Basically, a keyboard connected to a multitimbral sound module, with the Midihub inbetween controlled by buttons on a midi control surface sending CCs to control the channel communication making it possible to play specific multiple midi channels on the module simultaneously.

Any good ideas?

This is pretty straightforward to do if you have a pipeline per ‘layer’ or channel and then selective enable and disable those pipelines using the Bypass function mapped to the external MIDI controller surface.

I show how to do this in my video here. I used a Minilab with pads as a controller to selectively enable and disable layers in the Midihub. In a previous video I show how to use a Faderfox EC4 to do similar: https://youtu.be/zHD1na8Nmso

1 Like

Ahhh!

I just opened the editor here and tried it, and I totally understand, that should definitely work.

Is there any way to edit the mapping data without physically have to sit with the controller and click?

Great thanks!!

Not that I’m aware of - the Midihub uses a MIDI learn model so you have to send MIDI data to it so it can learn it to the controller.

It seems so yes, it would be great if it was possible to do these edits manually in the editor in the end.

You may want to use Channel Filter pipe and map the individual channels to CCs to be able to switch channels on and off.

We plan to add manual editing of the mappings as well in a future version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the mapping, are there any plans to further develop this so it will be possible to map not only a cc but actually a value as well?

Yes, it will be extended a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great!!!

Love this system, and great thanks for being so responsive and engaged!!!

1 Like