Adding Velocity to Volca Beats

I’m using the ‘transform’ modifier to turn velocity values into the CC values of the drum part amp levels on the Volca Beats. It kind of works, but there is a slight delay before the transformed value kicks in. This means if I hit the note with high velocity, and then a second time with low velocity, I get a short loud snap at the beginning of the second hit.

I’ve tried playing around with the mode (replace, insert before, insert after), but this doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Any suggestions? Is this a bug? Cheers

Can you please post your preset? To better evaluate.

Thanks for the quick reply!

So, I just created a simple and clean version of the preset to share… and that somehow fixed the first four drum parts. However, the problem still exists for parts 5-10.

Could you please attach the .mhp file as well? :slight_smile:

Ah ~ here you go!
Midihub 2020.08.11 09.41.43 (Preset 1).mhp (535 Bytes)

Looks like your pipeline produces all of the 10 CCs every time any note is hit. What you want instead is to produce 1 CC message for each drum note number. Give the attached preset a try, adjust the note ranges as necessary by placing Transpose pipes at the first and/or bottom row. I based it on C4 (note number 60 / middle C, but you might have to try one octave higher or lower on your keyboard :slight_smile: ), going up by semitones.

Velocity To CC Per-Note.mhp (560 Bytes)

1 Like

Hooray ~ it works!
Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Midihub is amazing.

3 Likes

yep!! and @Giedrius knows all the tricks :wink:

3 Likes