New user, introduction, question about 'recipes'

Hello,

My name is Nick, I’ve been doing MIDI stuff since the days of USB 1.0, Cubase VST 3.5, and Midiman.

Just received my Midihub in the mail yesterday, I was super impressed with the speed at which it was shipped from Lithuania to Tempe, Arizona.

Question: are there user-made ‘recipe’ files anywhere people can download and load into the Editor and play around with? Say, Johnny in the UK has made his Midihub do something really cool, and has been kind enough to share his work with the community?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick and welcome here!

Johnny loads them up to Midihub Archives | Patchstorage and if you search the forum for “mhp”, the file extension for Midihub patches, you’ll have a lot to digest and try out.

Good luck with your Midihub, it will blow your mind!

2 Likes

Hey, Nick @vitaminman12, welcome to the wonderful world of Midihub.
In addition to Patchstorage for completed recipes, you will find Midihub lends itself wonderfully to building up a patch bit by bit.
Watching youtube vids like loopop’s Generative MIDI Effects and oscillatorsink Midihub note ‘clouds’ are good at showing this and show the “playfulness” of Midihub, where you set out with a vague idea and each new sonic surprise leads you on to add something new.

When you’re tinkering yourself, you’ll likely come up with "but how do I do X? questions and puzzles. When you can’t figure out these yourself, come to the forum and you’ll often find someone (often @Giedrius) who’ll offer you a solution.
(Personally, I also find other user’s questions often give me ideas I hadn’t thought of before)

Have fun, you’ll soon be wondering what you did before Midihub!

2 Likes