Midi hub questions and ideas

I just ordered one. I haven’t seen wether you can save presets to your Mac or if just limited to the 8 on board memory?
Is there some sort of drop down to load different scales or do you have to manually lookup and set the intervals? I tend to use this with Scaler 2. Would be wonderful if I could program scales into the app that runs the hub.
I’ve got a billion ideas for this thing I need to try but I wanted to ask. Things like can you program it to divisi out notes of a chord, can you make it offset and humanize in coming block chords? I use a controller called the TheroryBoard that sends out block chords on pads. Every chord for a given scale. This with MIDI hub will be wicked.
And thoughts

Hi, David,
a lot of questions here, some of which I’m not quite sure what you’re asking!

whether you can save presets to your Mac or if just limited to the 8 on board memory

Yes you can save presets to Mac. If you are using Midihub standalone you’re restricted to the 8 presets.
While connected to Mac, MH will happily run a patch opened from Finder irrespective of whether it’s saved as a preset on the device itself.
(When you go to disconnect it’ll ask you if you want to save it to one of the slots)

With regard to scales and Midihub there are two relevant pipes:
Scale Remap and Micro Scale

I think you’re referring more to Scale Remap and its Preset property

here are the scales currently in the 'Preset' dropdown:

Akebono Pentatonic,
Algerian,
Arabian,
Balinese Pentatonic,
Blues Hexatonic,
Blues Nine-Note,
Blues Seven-Note,
Boogie-Woogie,
Chromatic,
Egyptian,
Egyptian Pentatonic,
Enigmatic,
Gypsy,
Hirajoshi Pentatonic,
Hungarian Major,
Hungarian Minor,
Jazz Minor,
Jewish,
Kokinjoshi Pentatonic,
Leading Whole-Tone,
Major,
Mela Kosalam,
Mela Ramapriya,
Mela Rhisabhapriya,
Mela Sarasangi,
Minor,
Minor Locrian,
Mystic,
Neapolitan Dorian,
Neapolitan Major,
Neapolitan Minor,
Neapolitan Mixolydian,
Oriental,
Persian,
Syrian,
Whole Tone,

Beyond those you can set up a Custom scale.
btw, you can check these out yourself before your hub arrives by downloading the Editor

can you program it to divisi out notes of a chord, can you make it offset and humanize in coming block chords?

Not quite sure what you mean here. Take a look at Dispatcher , Chance , Randomizer as well as Arpeggiator

Dispatcher is probably the one which might make you scratch your head initially but combined with Virtual pipes and Channel Filters you can get some magic going.

Welcome to Midihub forums!

1 Like