Chord buffers that can be triggered

Hi all,

is the following functionality possible?

I‘d like to be able to sequence chords from a monophonic sequencer. Let‘s say we have 12 chord buffers that can be triggered from Midi notes C0-B0. You could assign the notes to a buffer by holding the note assigned to the buffer (eg C0) and play a chord (eg C3+E3+G3) on an external Midi keyboard. Anytime you now play the note (C0) the chord (C triad) is triggered.

Hope this is possible or possible to be implemented! :wink:

So, what you mean @sir-vector, is that you hold down C0 to tell Midihub “I’m about teach you a chord” the play the chord? So how does Midihub know it’s in this learning mode?

I’m guessing that the ability to do this “on the fly” is important here. If not, it’s already possible to do this by Filtering each of the notes C0-B0 so each note is given its own dedicated pipeline with a Transpose and Harmoniser.

1 Like

Yep, maybe have a note range to trigger the buffers and another note range to set learn on/off for each buffer. Maybe it would be possible to use the buffer learn note to route the keyboard to a specific midi channel that is mapped to the harmonizer or something along those lines! Is it possible to split a chord into separate midi channels and map those channels to the harmonizer?

Yeah, if you’re able to be specific at the design stage! So for example, you can branch your input off to say Virtual A-out, then use Virtual A-in on three different pipelines where each has a different Note Range Filter then a Channel Remap.

If , however, you want something like “Take my lowest Note to ch6, 2nd Note to 7, etc” then I think the answer is currently “No” as Midihub (correct me someone if I’m wrong!) treats each event independently and doesn’t relate them or treat them as groups at all. Yet!