Using pisound to do a SamplerBox

Could you go into a little more detail about disabling ALSA mixer / GPIO / serialport midi and about how to change the sample rate in code? Any clue will do! Thanks!

Hello All -

I am new to this Forum - please take some pity on me. I have already successfully installed Pisound on a bare RPi4B/8Gb. It works fine.

I had previously installed SamplerBox on the same RPi4B using the instructions on the original site (~ Joseph Ernest site.) It worked fine. That was before the Pisound card arrived.

I posted earlier tonight here (and then deleted/ revised post with thei new version)ā€¦ asking for suggestions on how to manually install SamplerBox on top of the Patchbox OS/ Pisound/ RPi4B combo. I kept getting errors related to rtmidi-python. I then re-read all the samplerbox posts here on the forum and see that the clear concensus is to not use the original SamplerBox.org code but rather the http://homspace.xs4all.nl/homspace/samplerbox/ code. I will try that tomorrow.

So, I guess my only question isā€¦ is it really true that I cannot install samplerbox ā€œon top ofā€ the Patchbox OS? It seems from all the comments above that everyone is being recommended to perform a new install of the ā€œhomspace.xs4all.nlā€ ISO image to a clean microSD cardā€¦ then change the audio rate settings from 44kHz to 48kHz and the Pisound card is recognized? Then if I want to run the other Patchbox OS modules (ORAC, Pure Data, Super Collider, etc) - I need to swap SD cards and reboot the whole system?

I can do thatā€¦ it just seemsā€¦ like a missed opportunity to have everything in one OS.

I also saw in other threads here that there had been talk of incorporating SampleBox into the original Patchbox OS distributionā€¦ then followup comments that itā€™s roll out had been delayed ~ 2017. Did this ever happen? Is it still likely to happen?

Thank you.

I love the Pisound (and Midihub) products I now own.

Probably you can get it to work on Patchbox OS, as long as it is configured correctly. What are the exact errors youā€™re getting when trying to do so?