Showcase Your Setup or Pisound in the Wild

I’m really enjoying using MODEP at the minute to work on some plans I have involving me and my Trombone:

I’ve been playing around with lots of configurations for using my pisound; using with a touchscreen etc, and still aren’t sure of the best way ha ha.
The little interface I have now is great, and gives me XLR and Jack input for use with my guitar, vocals or instrument mic, and is working flawlessly so far with MODEP on my 8gb Pi 4. I’m also trying out routing MODEP into Reaper for recording my endeavours.

However I want to integrate my pisound to give me some proper 1/4" jack outs, rather than the piddly headphone out the Alesis has.
The question I have is do I:
a) whack the pisound onto my 8gb Pi 4 and use alongside the Alesis and work towards getting the two to work together, or
b) have the pisound on a second Pi and keep the effects and recording separate?

1 Like

The A option may be a bit more difficult to get working properly (some sort of audio bridge to make Jack work with 2 audio cards at a time would have to be set up). B is straightforward setup-wise, but might add slight latency to the signal.

Yeah I think I’m going to research the fordt option first.
If I can somehow aggregate the two interfaces (I’ve seen it done with ALSA before I think) it’ll be ideal, as the pisound would serve as my main outputs, with the output on the little Alesis used for monitoring.
I’ll let you know how I fare!

2 x Axoloti, raspberry pi running Patchbox Os running puredata combined with beatstep pro, full interconnection,

Id say infinite amount of possibilities. Next step is to install Scarlett 2i2

3 Likes

Hi @professeur,
this picture really intrigues me, my parents have a flat at the Belgian North sea and the design looks exactly the same (same radiators, same tiles on the floor, same column in the corner…). Could it be the same building? The coincidence would be funny.
Cheers,
Yannnick

(sorry could not find private messages in this forum)