[Download] Midihub Editor 1.11.4 & Firmware 1.11.6

Talking about what gets save when > “Export Everything”

• Microtunnings don’t get saved, and so the Presets that have the Micro Scale pipe “reset to default”

Edit: Above is NOT true. Double checking and thanks for looking at it Giedrius.
Microtunnings get saved when “Export Everything”.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear, thanks!

No need to apologize, I didn’t mean my comment to come off as a complaint. :+1:

1 Like

That’s odd, it is supposed to get saved. These dumps should contain the 8 presets, all of the microtunings and the settings of Midihub. We’ll look into that, thank you for reporting it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, @Keyman confirmed via PM that the memory import issue is fixed and it’s working properly now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to thank you for also providing an appimage for Linux! It works like a charm. :+1:

2 Likes

Never mind. Got it.

1 Like

I get the same thing are we supposed to update the firmware before updating the editor?

how do I update the firmware when you have to do that via the flash firmware in the editor and I have tried both 11.2 and 11.4.
11.2 connects but the flash firmware is greyed out and 11.4 wont connect unless the new firmware is installed or is there another way to install the firmware without using the editor?
thanks

You must enter the bootloader mode - power the Midihub on while holding down its button.

1 Like

ah so simple when you know how all done
thank you

2 Likes

Detailed step by step here:

Upgrade Guide

During firmware upgrade, all memory contents are erased. You may want to optionally back it up to your computer:

1. Connect to Midihub with the Editor
  2. Go to Device → Export Everything…
  3. Save to a file on your computer.
  4. After firmware is updated using steps below, do Device->Import Everything… to get it back into memory.

To upgrade Midihub’s firmware:

1. (don’t forget to back up the memory contents using steps above)
  2. Switch the power off.
  3. Press and hold the button, switch the power on while the button is still held.
  4. All of the LEDs should be lit now, release the button. If they’re not, go back to step 2.
  5. Connect to Midihub with the Editor.
  6. Go to Device->Flash Firmware
  7. Pick the new .bfw file
  8. Wait for the process to finish.
  9. Now the device will reboot into the new firmware.
  10. Connect with the Editor and use it as usual.
2 Likes

Hi
I am on Windows 10 64 Pro (latest version)

I tried to update firmware to 1.11.6 but I also got error “Unexpected error occured while flashing the firmware, code -1, stage 6!”

I tried again (about 5 times plus various restarts/reboots).
I tried firmware 1.11.4 and 1.11.5 1and 1.11.6 again all did not work…
I installed old Editor 1.11.3 and 1.11.6 firmware installed first time.
I assume there is a change in the latest Editor which needs to be checked?

2 Likes

This happened to me earlier, it did it a few times and then I restarted the midihub and the software and tried again and it worked, could be worth trying to restart your computer and everything?

1 Like

Same. I can’t update the firmware because I updated the editor and the editor refuses to connect until I update the firmware.

I updated the editor based on “We recommend flashing the new firmare [sic] with the updated editor, due to connectivity improvements.”

I got around this by rolling back to the earlier editor, doing the firmware flash, then updating the editor.

1 Like

I can confirm this approach, also on Win 10 64 Pro.
Got the same error when trying to install 1.11.6 with upgraded editor to 1.11.4.
Tried approx. 10 times to install (after reboots, re-connects, etc.) and always got the code -1, stage 6 error.
After downgrading the editor to 1.11.3 hte 1.11.6 firmware installed on the first try.

Would recommend holding off on installing editor 1.11.4 until this was looked at.

1 Like

Ok, looks like we improve the situation for users in some particular setup, but then it also reveals issues for users using slightly different setup. We’re making progress. :slight_smile:

Looks like there could be 2 issues here:

This makes it seem that the firmware flashing is successful, but the wrong version of firmware image is being used, possibly downloaded from the linked post with the flashing guide. :slight_smile: It’s a mistake from our side - the information could be provided in a more clear way. We’re also planning making the entire firmware upgrade process to be automatic, but we keep delaying it, until we catch and fix all the rare issues with the flashing mechanism, as seen in the 2nd issue.

The 2nd issue is the flashing error code -1, stage 6. This time it seems it occurs only for Windows users? As this issue does not occur on any of Windows PCs we have available, we ask for some volunteer(s) who can consistently reproduce the issue on their system to provide some additional logs when the issue occurs. Let me know who’s up to it, and I’ll send the details via PM. @weiserxyz @BrightonBob @dtl

1 Like

Hi

Happy to help testing / producing logs etc.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks

2 Likes

PM’ed, thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help as well - let me know what to do.

1 Like