Update to Mod 1.10

Hey guys, has anyone seen the stable release of mod 1.10 is out? Anyone tried to get this running under patchbox or on Pi?

4 Likes

Iā€™m interested in this also.

I see that the Zynthian guys have managed to update to 1.10. Iā€™m gonna try use their recipes to update my install.

A zynthian user mentions the patchbx recipes in a May 26 post here.

The world is circularā€¦

Yip, thatā€™s me. Struggling to get the IR plugin to show the IRs. The rest is good!!

Also keen! Tried building things but ended up breaking everything :smiley:

I can share my script with you if you like. Itā€™s about 98% done, but itā€™s just the IR loader list thatā€™s not populating. DM me and Iā€™ll send it to you

Ooh yeah the IR Loader is what Iā€™m after. Perhaps I can help. How do I dm on this forum?!

I have DMā€™d you @MrHaste

1 Like

I have the IR cabsim working correctly!! I have a script for patchbox os and soon I will have one for elk audio os too. Must say that the IRā€™s that Iā€™ve tried so far are sounding amazing!!

3 Likes

Dude, thatā€™s awesome! Elk too! I can wait to try out the IRā€™s.

Any chance of sharing the scripts? :smiley:

I will upload to GitHub later today with all the instructions required.

4 Likes

Alright, so here is the link to my GitHub. Please note that this only installs 4 LV2 plugins. It would be best if you copy your MODEP plugins folder to a local directory(I use winscp) before installing and then copy them back to ~patch/.lv2

git clone https://github.com/micahvdm/mod.git
cd mod
sudo chmod +x install.sh
sudo ./install.sh

3 Likes

Hello deathbeard,

I tried to follow your instructions but unfortunately I ran into some errors.
The first mistake Iā€™ve got was because I cloned the repo into the home directory with the name ā€œmodā€ and the script wants to create a directory with the same name in this folder :frowning: After that I had to delete the ā€œ/home/patch/.lv2ā€ that was created by the script in line 15. I think in line 104 the option -r is missing. Also Iā€™m not sure if the filenames of the services are correct. For example mod-host.service is named modep-mod-host.service in my version (latest Modep-Image, freshly installed). Do you use another version of Modep?

Now Iā€™m facing the problem that mod-ui service (i renamed the file to modep-mod-ui and replaced the old one with it) wonā€™t start.
sudo journalctl -r --unit modep-mod-ui gives the following output:

Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox systemd[1]: modep-mod-ui.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox systemd[1]: modep-mod-ui.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: jack client deactivated NOT
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: jack client deactivated NOT
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: Host failed to initialize, is the backend running?
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: Writesock none
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: Readsock none
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: last state file does not exist or is corrupt
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: cc start socket missing
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: Using FakeHMI => <mod.development.FakeHMI object at 0xb5af3810>
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'writeTimeout'
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: ERROR: Failed to open HMI serial port, error was:
Jul 01 08:11:23 patchbox mod-ui[28197]: DEBUG:root:[host] popped from queue: transport 0 4.000000 120.000000
Jul 01 08:11:21 patchbox systemd[1]: Started MOD-UI.
Jul 01 08:11:21 patchbox systemd[1]: Stopped MOD-UI.
Jul 01 08:11:21 patchbox systemd[1]: modep-mod-ui.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.
Jul 01 08:11:21 patchbox systemd[1]: modep-mod-ui.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.

I really donā€™t get it and would be so glad if you could help me!

Hey @mgcmshr I have updated the script a bit.

Please note that you need to run this on a clean patchbox install. DO NOT INSTALL MODEP. It will clash with MODEP.
The script will now use Mod-Host hotfix-1.10 branch as the master doesnā€™t work properly due to recent changes.

I have also added that the clone folder gets renamed first before it clones anything else.

Please clone and run the script on a fresh install of patchbox without activating any modules.

This is not MODEP, but pure Mod.

Thank you very much @deathbeard!!!

There was a little problem before moving the .service files to the system folder. A cd into this directory is missing but i just separated this last part from the script and ran it afterwards.
Itā€™s working now. I had to change some settings in the mod-ui.service and set connections manually.
I assume that the IR files have to be placed into the ~/data/user-files/Speaker Cabinets IRs folder?!

I think IRs are pushing the guitar sound to a new level! I love it! :slight_smile:

FYI: I used a Pi 4 8GB

Before I completely overwrite my current installation do you know if this will work if I simply uninstall he modep packages on an existing installation?

I would suggest using a separate SD card to test this out. From my experience, there are a lot of errors and issues with installing it on a setup that had MODEP running already, just due to services etc.

1 Like

It can be uninstalled by removing all APT packages that start with ā€˜modepā€™ :slight_smile: To install it back again, do sudo apt install modep