Patchbox OS on Zero/W possible?

does Patchbox OS work o raspbrry zero/w hardware?
I´ve got a USB Hub mounted on my zero/w and connected a wireless keyboard/mouse and a hdmi monitor: It shows me only a raspberry and a frozen cursor on boot.

(I´ve tried also an edit of the cmdline/txt as suggested in another thread with no result:

# Add the following options:
dwc_otg.fiq_enable=0 dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 dwc_otg.nak_holdoff=0

)

Try first installing non-realtime kernel on Raspberry Pi 2 - 4, as suggested here: PI Zero W hangs when booting with USB keyboard

sudo apt install raspberrypi-kernel

so I have to install the non realtime kernel with the standard raspbian OS and then reinstall Patchbox OS?
(I´ve got no other Linux devices)

and I loose performance then, as mentioned somewhere the latency increases from 200us to 5ms :frowning:
I wonder if that is good for routing realtime MIDI on 4 Synths??

You have to first run Patchbox OS on Pi2 - 4, and install the non-realtime kernel.

The latency depends on what exactly you measure. For USB MIDI and DIN-5 MIDI, expect latency around 1ms - 2ms, as established by the USB and DIN-5 serial transport limitations. Non realtime kernel (as slow as it sounds) won’t impact latency that much. :slight_smile:

Anyway, you should consider using higher performance Raspberry Pi models if latency can be an issue. The Raspberry Pi Zero is more aimed at space-constrained and low-cost applications than high performance processing.