Nothing works after update

Try increasing the buffer sizes for Jack, sometimes too small values make stuff not work. :slight_smile:

Try -p 512 -n 3

With my rpi 4b its no problem and when i use jack with gui on my rpi 3b i also use the same parameters with no problem

It depends on the software being run, and Pi4 is more powerful. While troubleshooting it makes sense to get rid of some variables that could cause issues.

Doesnt change anything with 512 3. Is it possible that my USB AC adapter has to less power its only a 2.1A?

Now i have tried with default sound card and also not working, so power isnt the problem

Know anyone something i could try?

You should keep inspecting the various system logs of key services looking for anything suspicious and try and fix things by reconfiguring, etc… Check dmesg, as well as the stuff mentioned at Troubleshooting - MODEP Documentation.

The logs are uploaded and the config are the same like my rpi 4b and there its working, so what can i do?

There must be something you’re missing, keep an open mind and inspect those logs, after each change. :wink: It’d be helpful if you could upload the whole logs after each change in their entirety, so other people can inspect them too, more eyes are better.

Is this a joke? The logs are uploaded and everything i have done is written in this thread but the only thing i get is an answer like a robot?

Okay, let’s do this; flash a new sd card for patchbox/Modep according to the install instructions on this website. Boot the 3b with that card and don’t install/update any other packages. Then use the instructions on this website to start Modep. Once that is done, report back here on what is or is not working.

I went back and read your thread and it looks like you’re trying to install some additional packages or kernels. I think that’s where things are going wrong.

Again, post back here once the above is done. Then we’ll probably ask for specific log files to upload here if the basic install doesn’t work.

If i dont update, modep doesnt start at all. This is why i dont use patchbox i use realtimepi its raspberry os lite with rt kernel patches nothing else, and than i installed modep and only changed the interface in jackdrc. With my 4b its working but with 3b i got errors in jack the logs are uploaded before. And if i update via patchbox i can install modep but than nothing works no monitor, no ssh, no vnc, nothing and this happens with both the 4b and the 3b

Well there’s your problem. Realtimepi does not work properly with pi 3B. I have tried it multiple times. Use patchbox on 3B and you’ll be fine. Also, no need to get rude when people ask for more logs. They don’t have to help you, it’s a courtesy.

3 Likes

@herzog2 newer versions of rt kernel have some issues on 3B with rt_throttling when it come to jack. This is not a Modep issue at all

3 Likes

@deathbeard great answer! Nice to know that Realtimepi doesn’t work on the 3b. @herzog2 do please do a fresh install of Modep on the 3b. Then let’s diagnose the problem from there. Okay?

1 Like

Patchbox also doesnt work on 3b i cant install modep without an update and than its broken. And of course i get rude if i have to write for the 5th times that the logs are uploaded or that the 3b doesnt work after installing modep. And patchbox is the image from pisound so for 99 bugs it should work without any problems. And realtimepi is working with 3b im using it with desktop and qjackctl, guitarix and there is no problem

One step at a time. First; why can’t you install modep without an update? When you try and install are you getting an error message or something that informs you that you need to update?

Also, I and others have been patiently trying to help you but unfortunately you’re not giving us enough detail to help you. Statements like “I cant install modep without an update and than its broken” is simply not enough detail. When you get to the point where you get an error please copy down the EXACT message you’re getting and post here.

If i try to install modep its say “error, try again”. And if i update and install modep Nothing works after update - #33 by herzog2 the last sentence

At what step in the process do you get that message? It also might be helpful to get a screenshot with your cellphone and post here.

One more question. You may have mentioned you have a PiSound. Is your PiSound on the 3b or the 4? I have a 3b here that I could try as well but my PiSound is attached to my 4 at the moment.