Midi note off command

Hi guys,

anyone have a solution for this…

so i have some sequencers outputting midi to my external devices, but when i disable the midi routing its cuts through an active note and therefore does not close the note due to midi note off not being received. If only there was a simple macro to send/nudge a midi note off message… any suggestions?

This would be useful of other parameters too of course. Creating presets and sending snapshots of cc values would be great too.

thanks

How are you disabling the MIDI routing? Midihub does try to turn off all active notes that passed through, but maybe some scenario is not handled properly.

I was having a similar issue with some chains involving Harmonizer -> Arp -> Quantizer

I have found that adding a Sustain set to “Sustain On” and “Bypass” keeps notes from getting stuck. A strange workaround, but tends to do the trick!

Btw, you can make The Button on Midihub to send all notes off or similar commands, after the button is held down for about a second. You can configure it in Device->Settings.

We’d like to look into that. :slight_smile: Could you send us your preset that’s causing issues to hello@blokas.io? It’d be great if you could also attach a MIDI clip of the data that’s being sent through the pipes when issues occur too. This would greatly help us, as the MIDI data we come up with might not necessarily expose the processing issue.