How to start Orac on Pisound

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere, but I couldn’t find an answer.

I followed the install instructions on Marc’s video exactly, but I can’t figure out how to run Orac. It doesn’t start automatically on reboot, or with a double press of the Pisound button, and I can’t find an executable file in any of the Orac folders, or an icon to click on in desktop mode. I am a total noob to Pisound and raspberry pi, so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but any help would be really appreciated. Thanks,

Daniel

You can check whether it’s running by executing:

sudo systemctl status orac
sudo systemctl status mec

orac is the main thing producing audio, mec allows control via remote clients.

If they are running correctly, you must use either the same or another device in the same network to run one of the clients and connect to the server to control it. There’s a PD one but you may use other alternative ones like lemur or a web client: Web client for ORAC 2.0

Thanks! It says that it’s active and running, but I still have no idea how to bring up the graphic user interface, as shown in mark’s videos (ie. The place you control the difference patches, etc,) is there a control line that I have to type in to access it? Or do I have to do something in pure data to see it? Also, I heard that if it’s running the demo patch, that you’re supposed to hear the drone that is programmed in as part of the mono synth demo patch, and I’m getting no audio. I’m not sure if that’s because I haven’t brought up the GUI or not. I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much

Actually I am hearing the drum beat, so it seams like it’s running fine; I just don’t know how to bring up the GUI.

This is one of the GUIs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XVzwFN4iLc

Download it here: https://patchstorage.com/orac-remote-control-patches/

Edit the hostname in the patch, enter the IP address of the Raspberry Pi, then click the bang box near the [loadbang] - it should connect and retrieve the information from ORAC server.

You may run this client patch on any machine like your personal laptop, but if you do run it on the Raspberry Pi itself, you should be able to use 127.0.0.1 for the hostname.