Eurorack Midihub 6 HP Module TRS MIDI Type A/B

There’s plenty of MIDI < > CV modules but no decent multichannel TRS MIDI modules in eurorack. As the number of MIDI eurorack modules increases, they become a nightmare to manage. Yes a standalone Midihub works with a spaghetti nightmare of chunky DIN MIDI cables and TRS-DIN adapters. Midi 2 is TRS Type A based so it makes sense to have a TRS based Blokas eurorack Midihub. The current Midihub hardware could be adapted to be more compact with 8 TRS MIDI ports and will fit into say a 6 HP module. There could be additional expanders for more ports if needed. Adding USB MIDI ports could allow all the Midihub Editor functionality but with USB devices.

1 Like

Maybe I don’t understand your request quite well, but the Midihub does support MIDI over USB… or do you mean those channels as separate ports on the hardware itself, too?

Furthermore, I use the Retrokits RK-006 connected to my RK-008 sequencer, which is connected to my Midihub via one set of MIDI ports (in-out).

I didn’t test the RK-006 with the Midihub over USB, but it also offers MIDI in ports. Maybe this could be a solution for your TRS-A ports. It’s very compact and offers you 10 physical ports that can be mapped trough the software.

FYI, @jasonzeus did a nice mock-up here.

There are more devices being built for eurorack every month because with TRS midi you sumply need standard stereo 3.5mm jack to patch MIDI.
Several manufacturers already make MIDI modules for eurorack but they are not as fully featured and flexible as Midihub.
It would be amazing to have an 8 port eurorack module with the core of Midihub with some new developments and support for MIDI Host, that is plug a MIDI controller directly using USB MIDI and have a computer, tablet, rapberry Pi connected to edit the patches.
MIDI 2 support would be amazing and automatic TRS A and TRS B detection which is common in eurorak.
Retrokits do great MIDI products and they could do a eurorack version too.