[Download] Midihub 1.04 Update

Hey guys, here’s an intermittent update in preparation for implementing new pipe types! :slight_smile:

All pipe parameters are now only editable via the properties panel, please share any feedback you have about it. :slight_smile:

Also, there were some changes to the internal MIDI engine, keep any eye out for any issues with MIDI data.

1.04 Editor downloads

1.04 Firmware

To update the Midihub firmware, switch it on while holding down The Button. In the firmware upgrade mode, all the LEDs should be lit up. Then connect to it with the editor, go to Device->Flash Firmware, pick the downloaded bfw file and hit OK.

* All stored presets will be removed during the firmware upgrade process * - you’ll have to back it up manually by loading each preset and saving them to disk with different names, a ‘data dump’ function to automate this, and to automatically do that during firmware update is planned to be done before the public release.

1.04 Changelog

Midihub Roadmap

Firmware

• Internal MIDI processing engine upgraded in preparation for upcoming new pipes. :slight_smile:
  • USB latency vastly improved, latest measurements show:
    • When sending ‘note on’ message via USB and directly looping it back via USB:
      min 0.531358 ms, max 1.09314 ms, avg 0.951346 ms

• When sending ‘note on’ message via USB, looping it back via DIN-5 back to USB:
      min 1.36257 ms, max 1.67941 ms, avg 1.48313 ms

• All of filter parameters are now MIDI CC mappable.
  • SysEx serialization fixed which was causing Midihub to stop processing one of input ports. @thetechnobear
  • [Beta Program] [Editor] virtual bus issue fixed. @thetechnobear

Editor

• All pipe parameters are now editable via Properties panel, the pipe dialogs were deprecated.
  • Virtual Input / Output pipes may appear in red background, in case they cause a loop. (A loop may occur when changing the source/destination parameter via MIDI CC, as well as undo/redo). In that case, the red pipes act as if they’re bypassed. The situation can be resolved by manually changing the source/destination parameter via the editor, or via mapped control.
  • Keyboard cursor keys can now be used to navigate in the pipes grid.

@midihub-beta-tester

[Beta Program] Midihub Review by verstaerker

@Giedrius -
macOS version seems broken to me… just sits there bouncing the icon, sometimes if I leave it long enough it brings up the UI… if i right click on it when bouncing, macOS offers only force quit.
can see anything in console log or anywhere else.

using macOS 10.4, iMac - no issues with any other apps.
1.03 was fine … might need to downgrade to it.

(can I leave 1.04 firmware on , and using 1.03 editor?)

edit: just noticed there is an macOS 10.4.3 update, am installing that, perhaps that will fix it?

Hey, I’ll take a look at the Mac version…

Please use 1.03 on both :slight_smile: The download links are still active from previous release.

Hmm, the editor seems to run fine on 10.10.5 Mac OS. I can’t think of any changes to the editor since 1.03 that would affect the startup of the program.

Maybe clearing the ‘QSettings’ cache may help:

rm ~/Libraries/Preferences/com.blokas.Midihub\ Editor.plist

You may have to kill plist cache process too: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19742452/qsettings-on-os-x-10-9-unable-to-locate-clear-it

This file stores the last layout and some settings of the application, so on next start the layout should be reset.

hmm, installing the 10.4.3 update seems to have fixed it :confused:
not had a chance to look at the editor changes yet… but the fw seems to have fixed the sysex issue I was haing :slight_smile: