[Beta] Midihub 1.14.1 - Tap Tempo & Minor Fixes!

Hey guys, happy holidays! :christmas_tree: :santa: :sparkler: :fireworks:

Here’s a minor update for Midihub, featuring majorly upgraded Clock pipe:

From now on, it can be placed either as the leftmost pipe or inline with the others. That means the Use … Port parameters are no longer necessary, as you may simply provide (or even map) the start, continue & stop to the Clock pipe placed inline.

It also has a Tap Tempo button now that can be clicked either within the Editor or mapped to MIDI CCs (only the highest value 127 works for triggering) or Note On & Note Off. As well as Nudge Up and Nudge Down buttons for reaching equilibrium with external tempo.

This release also contains some additional fixes, detailed below.

Downloads

Detailed Changelog

• Clock pipe can now be placed inline in modifier position.
  • Tap Tempo support added for Clock pipe, as well as Nudge buttons for easier matching with external playback.
  • Clock pipe extended with new functions to produce Start, Stop, Continue messages.
  • Fix for monitor pane showing zero timestamp.
  • USB Serial communication reliability improvements.
  • Fixed button appearance in Properties pane on macOS so it appears more similar to the other OSes.
  • Qt Wayland support enabled for Linux.
  • Fixed Arpeggiator’s Entirely Up then Down and opposite modes when there’s 2 or less notes held.
  • Improvements for MIDI Activity LEDs on Midihub for how they react to Transport messages, they should always be in sync with the quarter note beat.
12 Likes

great work,keep it up

i unerstand that until this is beta ,my MIDIHUB 1.13.4 editor won’t recognize this update right?

best regards
K

Clock Pipe in 1.14.1 Mac High Sierra ,lacks now of “Use Midi” option,how to control START/STOP?
i tried to insert it after input port but does not work

K

Yes, the betas are not announced within the Editor, we first release the updates on our forum, and once some time passes without anyone raising any newly introduced issues, we’ll push the update out through all the usual channels. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should place the Clock pipe to the right of FROM MIDI X pipe from which you want to receive the Start & Stop messages.

it works,
i was doing it wrong way by draging CLOCK pipe from existing pipeline
it needs to be “fresh” Clock pipe since it seems it does not convert it self upon draging
maybe it could be implemented in the future,cause otherwise if i have long pipeline i have to build all over

i proceed with testing …

thank you
K

2 Likes

I can´t sync an inline clock to an usb midi placed left from it on this new 1.14.1
Do I have to map BPM inside inline clock?

What do you mean? Do you mean you’re sending MIDI clock from USB?

yes, from Deluge connected over USB, distributing CLK via virtual port. so I put an inline clock next to this virtual and receive clock. Meanwhile solved…the BPM I can read in the Monitor so far, so good.

What if switch of the source aka deluge and want to make the internal clock continue with that “learned” BPM?

edit: I switch of “started” and so its getting the clock from the left, but there is no clock that goes out !?

Info window of editor says I am on 1.14.1 but in right bottom corner it tells me 1.14.0 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have been wokring with 1.14.1 some time now,and all feels nice.

One thing i noticed is that after update from 1.40.1 to 1.41.1 ,i had to replace TRANS pipe,
but i guess it was due some changes in update.

LED’s blinking together to Clock feels very nice,thanks

Overall in my patch i am using 12 LFO’s and gotta say it all works correctly,no slips when i change tempo,nice one

K

1 Like

Looks like you have only updated the Editor software, Eddy, but not the Firmware.

If you don’t see the dropdown offering FW update when you Connect…

Screen Shot 2023-12-30 at 23.34.38

…when you connect, try downloading the

above and taking it from there (Device → Flash Firmware)

is it possible to download previous versions of firmware,just in case?

Releases are here

When I was doing 1.14 testing, I had occasion to take one MH back to FW1.13.2
“Un-updating” is a bit more fiddly than updating, though, so it’s not something I’d do for fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint with firmware upgrade, I have to modify all my transform pipes again (after adapting them with the new editor on the old firmware)
Lot´s of work but I am up to date now…

I will test the new features to the limits :roll_eyes:

That’s not been my experience; all my old Transforms have updated quite gracefully.

re

I will test the new features to the limits

That would be great:

I realised I don’t have the understanding to properly roadtest the new Clock features for live/improv use, so I’m looking forward to feedback from other users who have been hoping for Tap Tempo and the like.
(calling @Seth, @jazzboxuz, @FallingWaterSound , et al – Sorry, @Honken; Midihub’s not ready for Sysex-driven Tap Tempo quite yet!)

Could you please provide me with your presets / memory dumps prior to the upgrade? (personal message is fine) The Transform pipes are supposed to seamlessly upgrade, it shouldn’t require any manual patch up.

You can find the memory dump backups, done at the time you did a firmware upgrade, all named similarly to Midihub Backup 2023.12.27 14.52.43.mhd at these locations:

Linux: ~/.local/share/Blokas/Midihub Editor/
macOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/Blokas/midihub-editor/ (Paste this into Finder → Go → Go to Folder)
Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Blokas\Midihub Editor/ (Paste this into Start → Run)

here it is

Midihub Backup.zip (2.3 KB)

1 Like

I’ve looked into the Transform pipes of Midihub Backup 2023.12.29 11.52.07.mhd of the first Preset (the others don’t contain any it seems), however, I didn’t notice anything going wrong in upgrading them from 1.13.4 to 1.14.1.

Btw, this file seemed to indicate it was produced by an earlier version than 1.14.0, most likely 1.13.4 version of the editor, did you do an offline upgrade using .bfw?

Could you let me know what sort of Transform pipes you had to replace? Did it have wrong arguments?