What about NAM?

Hi everyone.
Do you think It is possible to run NAM? I can try to build from source, but what about compatibility with pisound card? Do you think we can hope to have prebuilt module sooner or later?
Bye.

What is NAM ? :slight_smile:

The bass/guitar amp modeler everyone is talking about:

LV2 plugin is here:

1 Like

@ladron, you are the creator of NAM, yes? Would you be willing to make a pull request to our builder repo adding your NAM plugin? Here is a short guide on achieving that - Platform: LV2 Plugins Ā· patchstorage/patchstorage-docs Wiki Ā· GitHub. If you have any questions, we will do our best to answer them!

UPDATE: Example - Add neural-amp-modeler-lv2 Ā· moddevices/mod-plugin-builder@32f54d9 Ā· GitHub

If it will ever be ported to modep, a sort of integration with tonehunt.org would be needed in order to download models directly or at least synchronize tonehunt.org with patchstorage.com

2 Likes

Iā€™m just one of the contributors to the NAM project - but the LV2 is my repo.

As @redcloud says, for modep you would need a way to send models to the device. I believe the mod ui already has a method for this (for things like cabinet IRs). It may just work - I havenā€™t tried it, though, as Iā€™m not currently using the mod stuff.

What is the cpu usage like for nam on pi at the moment? Is anything other than feather models usable?

Iā€™m running full ā€œstandardā€ models on RPi4. It takes a large percentage of the CPU, but I still have headroom for a cabinet IR and some lightweight effects.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™ll look into doing a pr for file handling for mod this week for you, if youā€™d like? I can also make you a stock standard ui from mod-sdk as a placeholder. At least then it wonā€™t be a sardine tin

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming this is you?

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s me. UI to follow in a bit

2 Likes

Hello all.

Did anyone do an RTL (Roud Trip Latency) test while using NAM on an RP4/5 and PIsound?
I am asking to check if this setup would be viable for a live scenario. I only need to run NAM with a Cab IR. No more effects are needed.

Thanks.

@Deltabootis welcome to the Blokas community!

I use a RPi4/PiSound setup live every week. I typically use the AidaX amp modeler but also have used NAM (with the ā€œBufferedā€ option set to On) and have personally never experienced any latency issues.

3 Likes

Thank you @jtemple967

Nice! I am excited to try such a setup.

If you have a rpi4 you might be able to run a simple setup with a buffer size of 64. That should give you a sub 3ms latency.

1 Like