Using Waveshare Game Hat as Input Device

I am new to Patchbox and wanted to use the Waveshare Game Hat controller to set up a M8 Tracker (GitHub - RowdyVoyeur/m8c-rpi4: M8 Tracker Headless Client for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B). Installation seems to be successfull, but I don’t get the joystick to be recognized.

I tried to install the mk_arcade_joystick_rpi but throws the error:

Error! echo
Your kernel headers for kernel 6.1.19-v8+ cannot be found at
/lib/modules/6.1.19-v8+/build or /lib/modules/6.1.19-v8+/source.

and
sudo apt-get install linux-headers 6.1.19-v8+

does not finish, telling

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
Package linux-headers is a virtual package provided by:
** raspberrypi-kernel-headers 1:1.20230317-1**
** raspberrypi-kernel-headers-rt 1:2.20220510-1**
You should explicitly select one to install.

E: Package ‘linux-headers’ has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package 6.1.19-v8
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘6.1.19-v8’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘6.1.19-v8’

Did anybody got the Game Hat to work as input device in Patchbox?
Thnx!

From where can I get the headers?

wget http://www.niksula.hut.fi/~mhiienka/Rpi/linux-headers-rpi/linux-headers-`uname -r`_`uname -r`-2_armhf.deb sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-`uname -r`_`uname -r`-2_armhf.deb sudo rm linux-headers-`uname -r`_`uname -r`-2_armhf.deb

throws

Connecting to www.niksula.hut.fi (www.niksula.hut.fi)|2001:708:20:e337:8:20ff:fedd:f36a|:443… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 404 Not Found
2023-03-25 21:50:13 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Try following the instructions here: GitHub - RowdyVoyeur/m8c-rpi4-module: A m8c-rpi4 module for Patchbox OS

I’m sorry you are having troubles. Unfortunately, those instructions assume you are using a USB controller of some sort. So, that could be the issue :frowning:

Hi did you get the controller working. I am a gamePi 43 user and having issues mapping the controller with m8, perhaps if you have it working i could use some help, thank you