Using two midihubs with one computer

hi. im trying to use 2 midihubs in my setup, but I can’t seem to figure out how to open two different instance of the editor? can anyone help ?

with regards mikael

Giedrius told me how to do this for Mac Os here

If you’re on Linux or Windows, hopefully another user can advise over the weekend.

1 Like

Mac OS is the tricky one, on Windows and Linux it is enough to start the app again by regular means. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you. im on Mac but that terminal trick solved it :slight_smile: thank you so much

1 Like

now I’ve got a new Mac M2 MAX with OS Ventura , and now that terminal trick doesn’t seem to work anymore :-/ .so I can’t open 2 hubs at the same time. any solutions??

with regards mikael

What happens when you try it?

I get this message in terminal and nothing happens

The application cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=RBSRequestErrorDomain Code=5 “Launch failed.” UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Launch failed., NSUnderlyingError=0x6000025cc270 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=153 “Unknown error: 153” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Launchd job spawn failed}}}
zsh: no such file or directory: MacOS/Midihub Editor
mikaelnordmark@MBPtilhdemikael ~ %

hey, Mikael,

Giedrius will no doubt pronounce on this when he’s back online,
but in meantime, have you looked into where the Midihub Editor folder is in OS Ventura?

It clearly isn’t finding it where …

open -n  /Applications/Midihub\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/Midihub\ Editor

…tells it to look.

(does ctl-click on Midihub Editor.app then Show Package Contents still work in Ventura?)

Have you copied it into the /Applications directory? Maybe it’s just missing from the expected location.

no it seems to be in the same place as on my other Mac …:-/

Do you get some error message, or does it simply opens the same single instance of the app?