Using Pi Sound with the Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen

I’m hoping that this is a simple question to answer. I’ve got a Pi with the Raspberry Pi 7" and wondered if there’s an easy way to use a Pi Sound with this kind of set up?

Any help is gratefully received.

Ashley.

1 Like

Hi, it should be possible to use while Pisound is connected, however, you’ll have to hook up 5V and GND pins to the Pisound’s header holes, either by using jumpers with ‘female’ - ‘male’ configuration and soldering, or solder a 2x7 header on the Pisound and use the ‘female’ - ‘female’ jumpers to make the connection.

For the FPC cable, Pisound has a cutout hole above the DSI port.

1 Like

Or if you don’t mind the redundancy: I found that powering the TouchScreen and the Raspberry both via their microUSB socket individually will allow to simply connect the Pisound via the standard GPIO method. This may be useful for more temporary setups or prototyping.

Im asking. I bought a pile of stuff on ebay. and what does it mean when you say hook up the 5v and GND to the header holes. I see the header holes. are you saying solder from the header to the touchscreen?

You can power the display using the 5V and GND pins, as all the 40GPIO pins are difficult to reach on Pisound, all the unused GPIO pins as well as power supply ones are routed routed out to a 2x7 subheader, you should connect the 5V pin on the display’s controller to the 5V hole on Pisound’s header, and the same for GND pins. The display kit comes with female-female jumpers, so you can either solder on a 2x7 male pin header on Pisound, or just use a male-female jumper, and solder the male pin into the header hole on Pisound directly.

1 Like