Trouble getting started with modep [SOLVED]

Hello

I’ve tried downloading the modep image and I couldn’t get that to work. WiFi is active but the connection is refused. So I tried the manual steps with both Jessie and Stretch. These appear to have the same results.

Since I’ve set up the install manually I’ll post the output from the modep command status check:

jack.servise active
mod-host.servise failed
mod-monitor.servise active
mod-ui.servise failed
pisound-btn.servise inactive
pisound-hotspot.servise active
touchosc2midi.service active

Selecting the option to Enable MODEP systemd services gives the following output:

enable_all_services started

enable_jack_service started

Failed to start jack.service: Unit pisound-btn.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

enable_modhost_service started

Failed to start mod-host.service: Unit pisound-btn.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

enable_modmonitor_service started

Failed to start mod-monitor.service: Unit pisound-btn.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

enable_modui_service started

Failed to start mod-ui.service: Unit pisound-btn.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

enable_hotspot_service started

Failed to start pisound-hotspot.service: Unit pisound-btn.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

enable_touchosc2midi_service started

Failed to start touchosc2midi.service: Unit pisound-btn.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

I’m confused why the image didn’t work for me. The soundcard is working fine with applications otherwise.

I was looking at the error messages about the btn service and thought I could try manually installing that using the standard curl command.

curl https://blokas.io/pisound/install-pisound.sh | sh
sudo reboot

After rebooting the device, I’m happy to report it works!

3 Likes

What is the modep status command? I have a fresh MODEP image that boots, logs in and even shows python running with 172.24.1.1 listening but cannot connect, connection refused. It pings fine, but no connection on port 80.

K, seeing a ton of issues in /var/log/syslog, I don’t actually have the soundcard attached yet as it is still in transit. Maybe it is to do with that, I’ll wait until I get it attached to officially post a new thread.

Would be nice to know the modep status command. I don’t see any modep commands in PATH.

Jack service won’t start without a working configuration, in turn the MODEP services that depend on it will not work either. The default Jack config is to use Pisound, you can use other cards in the mean time, see here: https://blokas.io/modep/docs/Sound-Card-Setup/

There is no ‘modep status’ command, but you can check the overall system services state by running sudo systemctl status

2 Likes

Great, thanks for clarifying this!

I actually shorted my 3 +B out and had to order another one, so it should be here by the time my Pisound arrives and I’ll test this out again with it all hooked up. Thanks for clarifying the systemd command above.