Switching to next pedalboard does not go through all pedalboards

hey guys
a quick question, finally I managed to use a button without pisound to rotate through pedalboard
however, it seems to be rotating only through 3 pedalboard even though I have 12
Is anyone experiencing the same?
I tried even manually to use the next_pedalboard.sh or the “modep-ctrl.py next” and the result is the same
if I run “modep-ctrl.py list” I get them all displayed but then when I go next it always go through the same 3 :\
thanx in advance for any help/suggestions

Hey, moved this to a new topic.

Could you provide the command line outputs you get when running:

• modep-ctrl.py list
  • These two commands in sequence for 5 or so times:
    • modep-ctrl.py current
    • modep-ctrl.py next

Hey thank you @Giedrius for opening a new topic
here the output requested
patch@patchbox:/usr/local/pisound/scripts/pisound-btn $ ./modep-ctrl.py list
/var/modep/pedalboards/default.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Enchilada.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Floyd.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Drives.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Zeppelin.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Edgy.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Playgnd.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/StripeWhite.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/Rush_n.pedalboard
/var/modep/pedalboards/niceCrunch.pedalboard

here navigating using next
patch@patchbox:/usr/local/pisound/scripts/pisound-btn $ ./modep-ctrl.py current
patch@patchbox:/usr/local/pisound/scripts/pisound-btn $ ./modep-ctrl.py next
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Drives.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Drives.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Zeppelin.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Zeppelin.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Edgy.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Edgy.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Drives.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Drives.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Zeppelin.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Zeppelin.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Edgy.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Edgy.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard

and here I can load a specific pedalboard (just to show that those works anyway but then it goes back to cycle through the same
patch@patchbox:/usr/local/pisound/scripts/pisound-btn $ ./modep-ctrl.py load-board Floyd
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Floyd.pedalboard
Switching /var/modep/pedalboards/Floyd.pedalboard → /var/modep/pedalboards/Grungy.pedalboard

not sure where to look to find out what’s wrong or how to debug this :slight_smile: hopefully you can point me to the right direction
thanx

PS: @Giedrius
do you know how to debug the button as well?
I’m having some other related issue with the button
meaning, when it works it does exactly the same as using the next, so it cycle through the 3 pedalboard only, but sometimes it just won’t work and it is random
can I enable something to check what that is?
if its too complex don’t worry
my future plan was to duplicate the pisound-btn service in order to have 2 rather than one
and then assign one for next and one for previous
but if that unreliable then I may leave it and find a different solution to navigate between pedalboard (and hopefully soon through snapshot) :slight_smile:
thanx again

Doesn’t the button only scroll through the the pedal boards in the group named “The Button”?

Probably, but all those pedalboards are all in the only bank I have called"The Burton" :neutral_face:

@Giedrius
I just noticed that the listing is not the full pedalboard I have
also noticed that the Grungy was repeated
I think that was causing the issue as once removed seems to be cycling through all of them now
will keep monitoring and report back

PS: the problem with the button remains but I will open a different topic if I can’t find out more about it

Try starting pisound-btn with --debug 4, it should print more output then

The pedalboard list is returned by the ‘/banks/’ API endpoint by mod-ui server. If it contains duplicate items, are they duplicated in your very first bank in the UI? If so, solving that in the UI should resolve cycling through them.

I’d like to report that I too am having the same issue and I’ve checked to make sure I don’t have duplicate items in my bank. Here’s the reply for /banks/ on my device:

[
{
“title”: “The Button”,
“pedalboards”: [
{
“valid”: true,
“broken”: false,
“uri”: “file:///var/modep/pedalboards/Ambient.pedalboard/Ambient.ttl”,
“bundle”: “/var/modep/pedalboards/Ambient.pedalboard”,
“title”: “Ambient”,
“version”: 9
},
{
“uri”: “file:///var/modep/pedalboards/Bass_2.pedalboard/Bass_2.ttl”,
“bundle”: “/var/modep/pedalboards/Bass_2.pedalboard”,
“title”: “Bass 2”,
“version”: 23
},
{
“uri”: “file:///var/modep/pedalboards/Slap.pedalboard/Slap.ttl”,
“bundle”: “/var/modep/pedalboards/Slap.pedalboard”,
“title”: “Slap”,
“version”: 22
}
]
}
]

Pressing the button always brings up the first pedal board in the list. Pressing the button again doesn’t advance to the next board on the list, it always loads the first.

thank you @Giedrius
yes the duplicates were in the UI and removing the duplicate pedalboard has solved that issue
thank you also for the debug to find out why my button press is temperamental :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should reconfigure which scripts the button calls through sudo pisound-config or editing /etc/pisound.conf - by default, it works based on the number of clicks. If you click once, it will load the 1st preset, if you click twice, it will load the 2nd preset, etc…

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

1 Like