Stuck On Midi Messages

I am constantly encountering stuck on midi messages coming from multiple controllers. Ive tested and recreated the issue using the midi-outs on a Deluge, a Linnstrument, and a Novation SL MK3.

When this started happening, I’ve also noticed that the Midi IN 2 signal light is stuck on. It stays on with nothing plugged in, on an empty preset, after restarting the device and flashing the firmware.

Edit: To be clear, only the Deluge was ever plugged in to Midi In 2. The other devices were plugged in to Midi in 1 and 4. But again, the issue remains whether or not anything is plugged in to port 2 or not.

There’s always an always on LED, indicating the currently active preset number. IN A is the first preset, IN B is the 2nd, etc… They still indicate events by briefly going dark. You are probably on Preset 2 if IN B is always on.

Could you attach the preset you currently have here?

Midihub 2021.05.19 00.21.52 (Preset 1).mhp (418 Bytes)

All the ports in the preset are duplicated to send MIDI messages to all the destinations. If you’re using more than one device on IN side at a time, and if they’re on the same channel (or if the receiving device is set to listen to all channels), it might confuse the device receiving all the messages, especially if the notes are overlapping.

All the ports in the preset are duplicated to send MIDI messages to all the destinations.

Yea thats the point of the preset. I have multiple controllers and multiple instruments.

If you’re using more than one device on IN side at a time

The stuck on midi message occurs while using one controller at a time. Again, I can reproduce this with multiple controllers, plugged in one at a time.

Could you record and attach a MIDI clip of what input is provided on one of the ports to reproduce the issue? You could do this by adding another line FROM MIDI A (matching the port used for input to be played) → TO USB A for example and recording the first USBMIDI port playback on your computer.