Spacer replacements

Hi,

I just bought a pisound secondhand, and I don’t think I received the correctly sized spacers. The spacers I received are white plastic and do not match the size of the gap between the pisound board and the RPi 4.

Can I get the specifications of the screws and spacers so that I can replace them myself? (I also did not receive the knobs; can someone share that specification as well?)

Thanks!

@rg01a Welcome to the Blokas community!

Did you also get the acrylic case with your PiSound? I’m not personally aware of any spacers that are required for the PiSound and Rpi4 by themselves.

I don’t have my PiSound right in front of me, I can measure the sizes and get that to you later unless Blokas has those at hand.

1 Like

Thank you!!

No, I didn’t get an acrylic case. I can see myself ordering one (or a few, alongside more pisounds) if my project ideas are successful, but I decided to buy mine from someone selling theirs here in the United States to experiment and save a few dollars on international shipping. They said they purchased it in the past couple of months, if that is relevant at all! (I can see now that this is Rev 1.1a, copyright 2023)

I would think that spacers are required even without the case-- I know I would feel rather uncomfortable attaching MIDI cables and 1/4" audio to something that is only attached to the Raspberry Pi via the GPIO pins. It seems like the documentation online supports this, and mentions different spacers to use whether there is a case or not.

Anyway, if someone could enlighten me about the spacers and screws, I would really appreciate it! (Also the specific size of the knob and any specifics about where the line should be in relation to the D shaft… )

No need to meassure, most of the sizes are mentioned in Pisound Acrylic Case - Pisound Documentation :slight_smile: (I see the size of the shortest standoff for use with the acrylic case is not mentioned, we’ll amend the docs)

The screw size is exactly the same as the holes on the Pi itself, M2.5. There’s:

• 4x 25mm female ↔ female hex standoffs for fixing Pisound to the Raspberry Pi.
  • 4x 8mm male ↔ female hex standoffs for mounting top panel of the acrylic case.
  • 4x 5mm male ↔ female hex standoffs for mounting the bottom panel of the acrylic case.

Any knob caps for D 6mm diameter shaft should fit, the length of the shaft is 25mm.

If you’d like, you may contact us by email to order a spare parts kit if you want to get the same set of parts that every Pisound or Acrylic Case get shipped with.

2 Likes