Scale remap transposition

Hi all,
I’ve been playing with the midihub and having lots of fun so far. In particular, being able to distribute midi notes, delay them, harmonize to get new chords, arpeggiating, and then scale remapping has led to countless hours of jamming. In my current workflow, though, a number of the devices have the ability to transpose the key on receiving a midi note. In particular, in the Squarp Pyramid you can set up a master transpose track and have other tracks transpose in lock step upon receiving a root note on a particular channel. This is a very powerful feature, especially if you’re trying to rapidly change a mood live, and on the fly.
I relaise that was a long introduction, sorry.
I was wondering whether it would be both possible and/or useful to have a transposable scale remap effect where you define a default root note (i.e C) but nominate a midi channel and note range to listen to, from which a new root note arriving would change the key?

I didn’t find a way to do this, currently, although I realise that one could use a cc to change the key. cc is not such a good solution, I think, because somewhere have to work out the cc value to match the root note you’d chosen elsewhere in the workflow/system. You’d also miss out on the awsome possibilites of manipulating notes in midihub that could create scale variations by chance in a generative way.

All that said, if there is a good way to achieve this currently, and I’m just being dense after a long work day, please feel free to guide me in the right direction :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Phil.

I was also imagining this. i.e… chan16 is set to receive the root note of the scale. And then the mode of scale is selected, from a drop-down (the 32 modes novation use in their devices (I.e. launchpad/circuit) is a healthy selection.)
e.g. inputs are root note; scale mode; played note.

I thinking there are two pipe objects here.

1. An pipe object to remap the played selected scale to another mode. I.e. input notes on chan01 would be remapped from current selected scale mode to new selected scale mode. So if my sequencer was playing E major, it could then transpose to E minor. e.g. additional inputs: new scale mode; option of new root note if you wanted to map to say A minor.

2. pipe object to shift a selected interval position in the scale & mode a selected number of semi-tones.
    I.e. if a chord is played, only the input note of chan01 that in the IV interval position of that scale/mode drops one octave. E.g. additional inputs are scale interval position; semitone offset.

I’m a beginner when it comes to music theory(and midihub), but these sort of things I often do by creating multiple tracks in my sequencer, to switch between. I can imagine that some of this could be done already using midihub? but to do it would require a separate pipe for each note in each scale mode, and that would be huge. I guess GitHub has all the math to do this music theory transposing. Peeps have written this sort of thing for the old opensource launchpadPro, if I remember right.

Absolutely loving my new Midihub! my deluge sequencer now has modulation, and my mpc can play its drum synth components separately (multiple channels), so sample drum programs, can now play together with separate drum synths. took me 10min to set it up! amazing, very happy with product.

1 Like

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a patch for the Midihub (i’ve looked here Midihub Archives | Patchstorage) that would do this?

i.e. with input root note and mode set, be able to filter the notes to change the scale mode. i.e. change input midi of C major to C harmonic minor? The deluge and novation circuit do this, and i really miss this. Thanks