Problem getting started with ORAC

I installed ORAC with the patchbox configuration utility. This starts and I can hear the default-patch playing. I can also play some drum sounds on midi-channel 1

Other than that I can’t do anything:

I installed Pure Data on windows from https://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data

Then I downloaded the PD client patches from GitHub: https://github.com/TheTechnobear/Orac/archive/master.zip

I changed the hostname to the IP of my rPI at “edit hostname here ->” in Orac-master/OscClients/pd/main.pd and opened the file with PD

This is as far as I am right now, but now I am stuck with “…routeOSC.dll: couldn’t load” error messages. The externals are there and the path is correct…

F:\Users\cylab\Downloads\Orac-master\Orac-master\OscClients\pd\externals\routeOSC.dll: couldn't load
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
F:\Users\cylab\Downloads\Orac-master\Orac-master\OscClients\pd\externals\routeOSC.dll: couldn't load
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Desc
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Value
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /$1Ctrl
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /module
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /page
... couldn't create
F:\Users\cylab\Downloads\Orac-master\Orac-master\OscClients\pd\externals\unpackOSC.dll: couldn't load
 unpackOSC
... couldn't create
F:\Users\cylab\Downloads\Orac-master\Orac-master\OscClients\pd\externals\packOSC.dll: couldn't load
 packOSC
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /clearText
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /text
... couldn't create
 routeOSC /selectText
... couldn't create
LISTEN:: listen 6101
SEND:: connect 192.168.1.2 6100

Now in the PD UI, nothing works

Any idea what to try next?

1 Like

im in the same situation

Orac Remote Control patches | Patchstorage comes with the externals, but in case they don’t run on your platform, the README in the package mentions that you should install mrpeach package via the Help->Find Externals menu (a.k.a. ‘deken’)

The deken package manager is broken by default in the PD that is packaged with Ubuntu Studio Linux. It downloads externals, provides a configuration menu for the base path but this path is overridden by…something else. I don’t know what.

In our case, the /path/to/externals/mrpeach/ directory must be included in the default Preferences => Path dialog. That at the least made the objects work as expected, though the pisound server isn’t listening on the default port of 6100 after some kind of timeout and before the button is pressed. It seems to be working on my system now, so yea!

Not sure what it can do yet tho :slight_smile:

I think you have to add [declare -stdpath mrpeach] to ‘import’ the library into your patches. This would be a portable way that should work for other users without them having to modify their path settings.

Did you activate the ORAC module on Patchbox? You have to tell it to start MEC service too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

tried [declare -stdpath mrpeach], [declare -path mrpeach], [declare -path externals/mrpeach], [declare -stdpath externals/mrpeach] but none worked. Only adding the path to the Preferences => Path ran without error.

What is the full path it gets installed to?