Pro-1600 presets

Hi all.
I’m using the preset for the Behringer Pro-1600.
if I want to keep the actual Midi cables setup of the midihub but create a preset where the midi input from the keyboard is going to the 2 synth midi ch1+2 but no splitting in notes …

The 1st synth will still control the CC but both get the same notes what should I change?

Talking about changing the pro-1600 preset di I can simple change the preset offline and go between the 2 modes.
I’m really not that familiar with the terms of pipes and transform pipe… don’t really understand it. Simple mind guy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Please help :pray:

Hey, Lior Z @destin333,

I’m using the preset for the Behringer Pro-1600.

I’m not really sure if you’re talking about a preset for the Pro-1600 here or a Midihub preset here.

Please upload your Midihub preset as it stands and maybe a quick sketch diagram showing what you want to go in and out of the MH ports.

(This:

The 1st synth will still control the CC but both get the same notes what should I change?

for example, sounds like you just need a filter, but I don’t want to send you off in the wrong direction cos I’ve mis-read it!)

It is the Pro-1600 preset

Preset download is here:

https://patchstorage.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/PRO-1600-65172e9ea4715.mhp

Attached screenshot of midi cable setup

I’ll take a look.

You can upload MH presets here btw.
Try it and let me know if you don’t yet have access.

PS. didn’t realise at 1st glance this was pet-midi’s from a few months back

OK, this is what you’ve got

• pipeline1-3: Keys in B → alternate notes:
    even channels → A (800-1); odd channels → B (800-2)

• pipeline4: in A → CC only → ch2 B (800-2)

• pipeline5-6: in B → all except Notes → ch1, 2 resp ->A,B resp

Notes

1. Ch. Filter unnecessary in L3 as Ch.Remap will filter all except 1

2. L6 lets CCs through to B as well. I imagine you don’t want this duplication.
    (how many message types do you want?)

Clarify this please: according to patch you shouldn’t be.
Is this what you want?

I mean same result as if the “ext keyboard” just playing both synth the exact same way (clone data like midi thru) but pro-800 1 can control CC data including Program change of Pro-8002.
Btw, sorry but I don’t understand זL1 L6 all these terms are simply unknown to me :thinking:
Is there a way to see it like an editor screenshot?:pray:

PRO-1600-65172e9ea4715(1).mhp (949 Bytes)

That’s the preset

sorry, I just mean Line 1 as in 1st pipeline etc.

SO you want identical streams going to A&B?
thus, you don’t want the note-separating as in above presets?

if so first lines just look like:
Screen Shot 2024-02-22 at 21.09.57
PRO-1600-pipelines1-3.mhp

(where I’m assuming two devices are still on different channels like before. and “playing” means notes only)

" SO you want identical streams going to A&B?
thus, you don’t want the note-separating as in above presets?"

Yes. Exactly.

*(where I’m assuming two devices are still on different channels like before. and “playing” means notes only)"

I have the midi Cables setup ready with the Midihub and just want to switch presets so i can move from a note separation pro-1600 mode to a simpler 2x pro-800 mode while keeping the CC control and PC from synth A on synth B .:pray:
Did you make a preset like that here?

PRO-1600-pipelines1-3.mhp (764 Bytes)

OK, how do you want to switch “presets” ?

I think you have three options:

1. Having two presets and using The Button to switch between the two

2. Having two presets and sending a Program Change on a specific Channel to switch between the two

3. Having just one preset which does both jobs ( note separation mode and simpler mode) but switches internally between the two modes by some mapping (probably virtual)

I think you probably have enough to write the two separate patches to do (1) above.
Do this first and post your two patches here.

(btw, use the MIDI monitor to check that the correct messages and only those are getting through – very important when you’re feeding back via a device)

Then we can talk about options (2) & (3)!

Option 1 is what im after.
Mainly because Im using the midihub with no computer…
I’ll be back home tomorrow so ill take some screenshots and upload+ the current working preset.

1 Like

Option 1 is the best place to start

But…

… you can always adapt that once each is doing what you want (see FYI).

Upload both presets when they’re ready.

FYI

None of the options need a computer, Lior:

Option2 needs a controller that can send a Program Change†

Option3 just has both sets of your “mode pipelines” and uses a mapped message (like a particluar note at the end of your keyboard) to change between

† or a loopback that allow each patch to send a PC

How exactly do I disable the program change of the midihub itself on the editor and keep the PC on the synths?
This didn’t work.
It blocked all PC.

Also when do you mean using the midi loop?

The good news is that I got 2 presets to do what I wanted so far.
The note separation and the copy notes… The problem obviously is when I change preset on the synth the Midihub reset to preset A (1)
Also, I do I upload the presets here?

Yes:

When you’re using the forum via a computer click this button: Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 21.06.24 to upload.

(I notice this panel doesn’t appear when you’re on iPad. I haven’t tried attaching a .mhp when replying via email)

Do you mean that the Settings stopped PCs coming in at all?

The loopback idea was so that you can get the preset to effectively switch itself in response to some message you send in saying “Change Mode”.

Upload your presets and we’ll take it from there. Glad you got them going well.