PiSound Simulator Intercom

Hi! I am actually new to creating/building a Pisound nor even Raspberry Pi. But I have this idea to build an Intercom system for my aircraft simulator using Pisound. I need help in getting shematic/block diagram for my idea. The idea goes like this…

1. I would be using 2 Bose A20 Aviation Headsets on this. Where they are both connected to the Pisound. From my knowledge the Pisound can only connect 1 microphone and 1 headphone so maybe use 2 Pisound on this?
  2. I would want to be able to adjust the volume of the mic(s) and volume of the simulator software on the headset through the pisound. Is that possible?
  3. I need the “Intercom” to be connected to my computer. So perhaps a USB connection?

Well as conclusion, i would like to have an intercom system so that i am able to communicate with the person flying with on my simulator. Any help is much appreciated.

1 Like

pisound has stereo in/out so if you are okay with having two mono headsets, it’s doable for pisound handling two headsets. but hardware volume/input gain knobs will work for both channels in same time so it might not be ideal…

and for connection between PC, sending bidirectional audio data over USB may have less references than over LAN or WLAN.

sorry for that I have no glimpse of INTERCOM for flight sim. good luck with your project

ps: I think the merit of utilizing pi systems comes from its standalone processing power which your project may not really demand. but happy to be enlightened if i got wrong assumption.