Pisound + Patchbox : no sound on output

Hi,
I’m a new user of Pisound (received a few days ago).
The first use i want if to plug my bass guitar and use MODEP pedals board.
I made 2 installations of Patchbox : PI3B with the image of march 2020 and Pi4B with the image of november 2020.
For the both, Patchbox is running OK, module MODEP too, and i can connect by web browser from another computer to modep, change pedal board with button and, if i push the gain on the pisound, i can see the red led when i play the bass guitar connected on the input.
But, for the both, no sound from my bass amp connected to the output.
Because I saw some TS link can make problems, I tried a TRS connected to the “Aux In” of my amp, but nothing except white noise.
After reading the forums, i made a test of the hardware by stopping jackd (who was running ok) by [sudo systemctl stop jack] and then test [speaker-test -c2 -r48000 -Dhw:pisound] : the console is OK when jack stopped and show the iteration of outputs on left and right channel but no sound on output.
I precise that pisound is fully engaged on the gpio with both cards being well parallel.
Can you hel me please ?
Thank you !
Stéphane

Hi, can you post the output of dmesg here?

It sounds like everything is fine software-wise, but there might be a fault in hardware - can you send us pictures of the top and bottom of the board to hello@blokas.io, so we can see if all the components are there? We’ve seen one case where a critical component was gone, even though the boards automated audio tests passed successfully before shipping, we have no idea where the component went. :slight_smile: If that turns out to be the case, we’ll replace your board.

dmesg.zip (8.1 KB)

Hello Giedrius and thanks for your reactive answer !
Here is my dmesg (on RPI 3, image of march with update and upgrade made)
Il’ll make pictures as soon as possible.
Stéphane

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Hi, thank you for providing the information. I can’t spot anything wrong with the board itself, the logs also does not contain any errors, so it should be producing audio output.

To be completely thorough, could you try doing this test:

patchbox module deactivate
systemctl --user stop pulseaudio
systemctl --user stop pulseaudio.socket
sudo systemctl stop jack

speaker-test -c2 -r48000 -Dhw:pisound

And check if there’s any output being played.

Hi, no sound on Output after doing this test.
Stéphane

Ok, in that case we’ll replace your board with another unit. Please send us an e-mail to hello@blokas.io with your order details so we can arrange it. :slight_smile: Thank you for troubleshooting the issue.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Audio output issue