I am newbie to all things RPi. I have done lots of reading and am constantly learning by doing.
I just ordered my Pisound as an AD/DA Converter for my RPi 3B+ media player.
OS is OSMC (Debian Jessie based) running Kodi.
The RPi is up and running. Even though I am a musician I want to use it strictly for Hi-Fi and Video.
Its connected to two Klein&Hummel O98 Speakers (analog out) and a TV (HDMI) .
What I want to do:
- Build Media Player for streaming Audio and Video from NAS
- Stereo Input for turntable ( I will take care of the phono preamp myself)
- Input selection by hardware button / app / or dedicated remote control
- Quality DA
- Will Pisound work with OSMC/Kodi?
- How is input selection done? Or is it mixed?
- Can volume be set by kodi (remote app or dedicated remote control)?
- What software do I need for controling and configuring - something like Pavucontrol maybe?
I apologize for any stupid questions in advance and appreciate any help.