Pisound as effect box and MIDI router

I want to connect the midi out from my Digitakt to Pisound and then send the audio from the Pisound back to the Digitakt. I want to simultaneously route the clock from my Digitakt through the Pisound to my Keystep. Is this possible?

I’m new to Pisound, so if anyone has any patches that they would be willing to share to accomplish this, it would be greatly appreciated.

What do you want the Pisound to do with the audio? Simply forward it?

For MIDI - use aconnect to set up forwarding between DIN-5 and USBMIDI ports (use aconnectgui for graphical interface)

Ok thanks. I’d like to use it as a synthesizer where I sequence the midi on the Digitakt then route the audio from Pisound back to the Digitakt. What would be the best thing to use for that? Sonic Pi maybe?

Connect Digitakt’s MIDI OUT to Pisound’s MIDI IN. Then it’s probably easiest to set up MODEP with some synthesizer pedals to produce audio from incoming MIDI notes, and then connect Pisound’s output to Digitak’s audio input.

You can pretty much choose to use any other synth software, MODEP is just an easy example. :slight_smile: