NeuralPi emulates guitar pedal tones

Hello community, not my project but my brother-in-law just sent me this because he knows how obsessed I am with this stuff.

Essentially, a LSTM (long short-term memory) model that can be trained to learn pedal sounds/tones. Pretty cool project, it was bound to happen. Could tone piracy be a thing in the future? Jk, but interesting to think about nonetheless. It’s open source. @Giedrius are you open to the idea of forking the project into an option on the patchbox/modep wizards? The MOD Lab development files for MOD devices could create a pedal to run such models. Just spit balling ideas here. What do you think?

2 Likes

Looks like this is a VST3 plugin, MOD is based on LV2 plugins. So it looks like either some bridge has to be put in place, or the plugin first should be ported to LV2, so it fits natively into MODEP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the information @Giedrius. Good to know

Please consider GuitarML’s response on LV2: LV2 builds? · Issue #2 · GuitarML/NeuralPi · GitHub

1 Like

I would have missed this. Thanks for directing me to it :slight_smile:

Hi all,
the LV2 format was added to the NeuralPi!

there is no release for the Raspberry Pi at the moment, but i was able to compile and run it on Ubuntu with Reaper:

the building process itself is effortless, there is no configuration or any manual work required
if anyone wants to make a build for the Pi, let me know!

there is also a lot of support for MODEP proposal, as this would enable effects chains:

thanks,
Mish Ushakov

1 Like

I’m attempting a build now on my pi setup. Will keep you guys posted if it’s successful. Building juiceaide on pi is rather intense though.

Hey, NeuralPi developer here, I just cracked the process for building for MODEP and I have a couple plugins available, a pedal and an amp. NeuralPi will take a bit more work to adapt the code for the virtual pedalboard, but it’s on my ToDo list. Enjoy!

Github-GuitarML/modep-plugins

Note: The LV2’s in the releases are for Raspberry Pi 3 running PatchboxOS 32-bit, tested on the DIY Pi-Stomp pedal. Source code is available for these two plugins if you want to try compiling for a different target.