MODEP on raspi5

@ELEN_ELEN I have this exact same situation. I actually have 2 MODEP setups, one is on my pedalboard that I use for playing live (my “production” setup). I also have another MODEP setup that uses a Behringer USB guitar interface that I use for practicing (my “practice” setup) so I don’t have to break out the full pedalboard.

With your Scarlet plugged into the Pi, run the aplay -l and arecord -l commands. If your Scarlet is recognized somewhere in the output of those commands you should see the interface mentioned. For example, here’s the output on my practice setup:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
card 2: Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones], device 0: bcm2835 Headphones [bcm2835 Headphones]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 3: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

arecord -l:

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 3: CODEC [USB Audio CODEC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

The output doesn’t specifically say “Behringer” but you can see the CODEC hardware devices listed, which is probably what you want to look for. Once you see the number listed above, you will want to edit the following file:

/etc/jackdrc

and replace hw:pisound with hw:3,0 (or whatever number your interface shows above). Once that has been updated restart jack with the following command:

sudo systemctl restart jack

Then restart MODEP with the following command:

sudo systemctl restart modep-mod-ui