Modep guitarix conflict

Hi, don’t know if this is for modep or patchbox, but I’ve been trying to install guitarix on the latest patchbox OS, but it fails because of a conflict with modep. The required guitar-common is what’s failing and breaking the installation. I get the message " dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/guitarix-common_0.36.1-1_all.deb (–unpack):

trying to overwrite ‘/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/guitarix.mo’, which is also in package modep-lv2-guitarix 0.39.0-1

dpkg-deb: error: paste subprocess was killed by signal (Broken pipe)"
If I uninstall modep-lv2-guitarix and try to install guitarix-common, it works, but when I try to reinstall modep-lv2-guitarix afterwards, it fails with a similar message (but claiming guitarix-common instead)
How do I get around this? Is modep-lv2-guitarix putting stuff in the wrong place or why is there a conflict? I’m sadly not a linux wiz, so I can’t figure this one out. Tried --force-yes option but it doesn’t help.
regards
måns

Hey, I have rebuilt modep-lv2-guitarix package with localization disabled, so it will no longer conflict with the guitarix-common package.

First install the updated version:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install modep-lv2-guitarix

Then you may install the regular Guitarix.

1 Like

Yeah, now it works!
Thanks!
Måns

1 Like