Modep development & update

I see that the mod duo team has just announced mod duo x for pre-orders and took a gander at the latest mod duo ui improvements. They are many and great! What is the current process for porting mod duo and now mod duo X to MODEP? How can I be of service? I am a big fan and use it many of my projects. In particular I am interested in the ability to share and download presets, as well as gaining access to the plug-in store for more presets. Is this possible to do with MODEP?

4 Likes

Hi, we have the MOD source code forked in these repositories:

as well as lots and lots of forked lv2 plugins which have pedalboard GUIs. Here is the MODEP image generator which puts everything together on top of Raspbian Lite:

Feel free to experiment with any mainline updates from repos in https://github.com/moddevices/, you may create pull requests in our forked repositories with the changes to bring them more up to date, if it works stable enough.

I am not sure if plug-in store access is possible without real hardware though, there’s some bits in MOD DUO which aren’t open sourced, so accessing the store may depend on some private keys in the devices themselves, not publicly available, but feel free to dig into it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi there, I am very curious, are there any updates on this? I would love to be able to access the MOD’s plugin store or purchase & install the plugins that are available there somehow!

I think the only way to make purchases is using MOD devices hardware, as some private keys built into them are required to access the store.

Ah darn, okay. Thanks Giedrius! I may try asking the folks at MOD, will report back if there is any possibility.

Are there any places where people discuss the specific Modep Modules or recent developments? Or perhaps share pedal boards?

I did follow the Many More Extra Modep Plugins thread and installed loads of them last year. Some work, some don’t. And the generic skinned ones can be hard to figure out what they even do. I’m not a guitarist so most of the compression and distortion pedals are useless to me.

I find myself just randomly putting together boards, which is fun, but is too hit or miss.

thx

4 Likes

If you want to start the thread I’d join it for sure. I don’t have any extra plugins beyond the ones that load in with the standard install of MODEP, but I’m in a similar boat in that I’m (generally) not really using MODEP to process guitar. Mostly working on electronic stuff.